SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

8 hours ago, liq said:

Don't need a third police faction with a primary function such as that. It oversaturates cop presence vs. everyone else. Park Rangers continues to exist because it serves a niche, the same way Fire Marshals serve theirs.

Join the LSSD or the LSPD if you're unhappy with Parks and the niche they serve.

This.

SAPR was intended to be a faction about creating unique roleplay.

Unique roleplay traditionally doesn't have many participants because it'd otherwise be mainstream and a ton of people would be doing it! It'd be silly to convert SAPR to a third LSPD/LSSD just for SAPR to have "something to do" 

Highway patrol on the other hand is something that is very not unique. Both the LSPD/LSSD do the exact same things that a potential SAHP faction would do, and it would be silly to take away the unique and quality opportunities that SAPR has just because some people don't like the roleplay that it was intended to prioritize in, and would rather do something more "traditional" in terms of roleplay without going through the effort to simply get double faction permissions, or leave the faction in order to join the LSPD/LSSD.

17 minutes ago, Quirk said:

This.

SAPR was intended to be a faction about creating unique roleplay.

Unique roleplay traditionally doesn't have many participants because it'd otherwise be mainstream and a ton of people would be doing it! It'd be silly to convert SAPR to a third LSPD/LSSD just for SAPR to have "something to do" 

Highway patrol on the other hand is something that is very not unique. Both the LSPD/LSSD do the exact same things that a potential SAHP faction would do, and it would be silly to take away the unique and quality opportunities that SAPR has just because some people don't like the roleplay that it was intended to prioritize in, and would rather do something more "traditional" in terms of roleplay without going through the effort to simply get double faction permissions, or leave the faction in order to join the LSPD/LSSD.

While I agree with this sentiment, I often times see SAPR responding to county calls and have received feedback from a few LSSD deputies stating when they respond to county calls, SAPR have beaten them there the majority of the time. If they are responding to 911 calls in the county already, what difference does a SAHP make? I am not advocating the SAHP suggestion, just intrigued to know how your thoughts about the unique role-play SAPR supposedly offer, when all I have personally witnessed them do is respond to county calls? That said, I have not role-played in the parks and areas that are SAPR's jurisdiction so I cannot comment on their involvement there, but can only comment on what I have seen.

From my understanding of real-life agencies, I understand SAPR was intended to just be unique roleplay, but they have nothing unique to actually do from all I have gathered on this server. Barely any hunters or anything to do in the state parks, the only time some action happens there is if a pursuit or fire happens over there. SAPR focuses more on Sandy Shores and Paleto and the county from what I know, and I don't blame them. Barely any RP in the state parks, changing SAPR to SAHP would be great, this doesn't mean SAHP is going to take over the LEO factions, SAHP should still be a passive RP LEO faction but still at the same time be granted permission all over the county, because realistically, LAPD and LASD have mutually aided with CHP in pursuits and car accidents or even scene handling. CHP is around the city of Los Angeles sometimes and can be seen regularly around the overpasses and such. CHP is basically as a last resort when there aren't enough units to aid with for example traffic control or setting up cones at collisions, however CHP's aren't just traffic cops IRL, CHP's have special assignments and don't usually all go for traffic and EVOC. However, it's one of their primary assignments, some of them actually focus on community engagement and such. Therefore adding SAHP instead of SAPR would be great for many occasions. 1st, More of the players get to roleplay inside a passive LEO faction, 2nd more roleplay immersion, c'mon' tell me a single time you've seen park rangers in the city, unlike LS at night, LS at night time had Park rangers crawling over it, sometimes because LSSD and LSPD were non-sufficient enough to provide units, IRL if this would have happened CHP's would respond not goddamn California State Parks, State parks some of them aren't even armed, most the armed units are inside Game Wardens. 

Some CHP's even lead inside the city, this would rarely happen with California State parks, therefore it's just immersive to just have SAHP instead of SAPR. SAPR is also very unrealistic in how they patrol Sandy Shores, IRL they would be punished for even going inside their jurisdiction, and wouldn't have much authority over the crimes that happened there. Most of the State park rangers IRL who are armed and in the cities of California are in the beach details. I don't know how to explain but just SAHP would be preferred over SAPR, because of the lack of immersion, however, SAPR have maintained good faction reps so far, and am proud of how good of a faction they have become, despite all the changes over the years as they mention. Still, a go-to faction if you are interested in calm and community engagement roleplay. Just my point is that there is, CHP is seen around the county and borders of LA more than state parks and sometimes they are inside them. In LS you see /sometimes/ (not all) SAPR in the city at late night, IRL SAHP would be there instead of them. SAPR has become more of an LSSD patrol in the county since they aren't that engaged in the state parks from what I've seen.

Edited by rectieo
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, josef said:

While I agree with this sentiment, I often times see SAPR responding to county calls and have received feedback from a few LSSD deputies stating when they respond to county calls, SAPR have beaten them there the majority of the time. If they are responding to 911 calls in the county already, what difference does a SAHP make? I am not advocating the SAHP suggestion, just intrigued to know how your thoughts about the unique role-play SAPR supposedly offer, when all I have personally witnessed them do is respond to county calls? That said, I have not role-played in the parks and areas that are SAPR's jurisdiction so I cannot comment on their involvement there, but can only comment on what I have seen.

If all the LSPD started doing was responding to calls with people that require medical attention, would we push for renaming of the LSPD to the LSFD?

Just because you believe SAPR doesn't do anything but respond to county calls doesn't mean they were intended to do nothing but respond to county calls.

Just now, Quirk said:

If all the LSPD started doing was responding to calls with people that require medical attention, would we push for renaming of the LSPD to the LSFD?

Just because you believe SAPR doesn't do anything but respond to county calls doesn't mean they were intended to do nothing but respond to county calls.

I'm not arguing the concept of SAPR or its intentions at all. I am just expressing what my experience with them has been.

5 minutes ago, rectieo said:

From my understanding of real-life agencies, I understand SAPR was intended to just be unique roleplay, but they have nothing unique to actually do from all I have gathered on this server. Barely any hunters or anything to do in the state parks, the only time some action happens there is if a pursuit or fire happens over there. SAPR focuses more on Sandy Shores and Paleto and the county from what I know, and I don't blame them. Barely any RP in the state parks, changing SAPR to SAHP would be great, this doesn't mean SAHP is going to take over the LEO factions, SAHP should still be a passive RP LEO faction but still at the same time be granted permission all over the county, because realistically, LAPD and LASD have mutually aided with CHP in pursuits and car accidents or even scene handling. CHP is around the city of Los Angeles sometimes and can be seen regularly around the overpasses and such. CHP is basically as a last resort when there aren't enough units to aid with for example traffic control or setting up cones at collisions, however CHP's aren't just traffic cops IRL, CHP's have special assignments and don't usually all go for traffic and EVOC. However, it's one of their primary assignments, some of them actually focus on community engagement and such. Therefore adding SAHP instead of SAPR would be great for many occasions. 1st, More of the players get to roleplay inside a passive LEO faction, 2nd more roleplay immersion, c'mon' tell me a single time you've seen park rangers in the city, unlike LS at night, LS at night time had Park rangers crawling over it, sometimes because LSSD and LSPD were non-sufficient enough to provide units, IRL if this would have happened CHP's would respond not goddamn California State Parks, State parks some of them aren't even armed, most the armed units are inside Game Wardens. 

Some CHP's even lead inside the city, this would rarely happen with California State parks, therefore it's just immersive to just have SAHP instead of SAPR. SAPR is also very unrealistic in how they patrol Sandy Shores, IRL they would be punished for even going inside their jurisdiction, and wouldn't have much authority over the crimes that happened there. Most of the State park rangers IRL who are armed and in the cities of California are in the beach details. I don't know how to explain but just SAHP would be preferred over SAPR, because of the lack of immersion, however, SAPR have maintained good faction reps so far, and am proud of how good of a faction they have become, despite all the changes over the years as they mention. Still, a go-to faction if you are interested in calm and community engagement roleplay. Just my point is that there is, CHP is seen around the county and borders of LA more than state parks and sometimes they are inside them. In LS you see /sometimes/ (not all) SAPR in the city at late night, IRL SAHP would be there instead of them. SAPR has become more of an LSSD patrol in the county since they aren't that engaged in the state parks from what I've seen.

As a member of SFM who can only patrol on Firewatch duties in the State Parks, plenty of Rangers STILL patrol the State Parks. Many times I’ve gone walking Chilliad on foot and a ranger in a Yosemite has pulled over to roleplay with me and chat.

SAPR patrol the county because, where LSSD are more city based than they used to be, it leaves a huge void in emergency response to county calls, especially in Paleto.

• Upvote 1

I find it funny to be truthful how we (the community) tries to simulate fictional Los Angeles and its counties but yet completely neglect to acknowledge the importance of CHP in Los Angeles. SAPR already does exactly what CHP would do. They are routinely catching speeders on the highway and act as a 3rd LEO function. Their priority isn't protecting wildlife, when they pull someone over in the freeways. It's just silly tbh.. Park Rangers acting as highway patrol, since when was that realistic? In this case since people barely hunt and visit the parks to justify the faction in this case it will be common sense to rename the faction to SAHP. They'll serve a better purpose all together. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jorgensen said:

As a member of SFM who can only patrol on Firewatch duties in the State Parks, plenty of Rangers STILL patrol the State Parks. Many times I’ve gone walking Chilliad on foot and a ranger in a Yosemite has pulled over to roleplay with me and chat.

SAPR patrol the county because, where LSSD are more city based than they used to be, it leaves a huge void in emergency response to county calls, especially in Paleto.

Exactly my point, LSSD shouldn't even have that much focus in the city, and I think someone else said this. However, it's still cool to have LASD Compton. IRL LASD has only Compton and south LA patrols, not goddamn entire LA, that just makes LAPD useless if this happens IRL.  Therefore LSSD should stay in the city but not as deep as they are now, and focus more on the county as well. SAPR should start focusing more on state parks, as that's what they supposed to be doing and it's fun and passive RP as they signed up for.

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Timzii said:

Neither SAPR or SAHP needs to exist. Sheriffs can control the country side just fine.

And yet they didn't, and thats exactly why SAPR was made to begin with, try again.

The amount of SAPR haters is ridiculous, like y'all fr gotta get over it. SAPR is an amazing faction, and frankly I'm sick and tired of all the useless, un-necessary & unwarranted hate towards them. 

If the LSSD "could do exactly what SAPR does just fine" then why havent they? Why didnt they? Why arent they? Why was the county crime riddled & extremely inactive on the LEO side before SAPR was made? Why was it riddled with street racers, murders, etc etc before SAPR was formed? Why was LSSD spending their entire shifts in Davis & the city in general, avoiding the county at all costs if they could control the county just fine & do what SAPR was doing? Hmmm? Dont worry, I'll wait.

SAPR is needed, and it's doing perfectly fine. SAPR is the best thing to happen to the county in such a long time, and ever since it was made, y'all have been trying so hard to discredit them & get them shut down, give me a fucking break.

I don't even play GTAW anymore, but I'm still seeing constant baseless anti SAPR bullcrap.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, rectieo said:

Exactly my point, LSSD shouldn't even have that much focus in the city, and I think someone else said this. However, it's still cool to have LASD Compton. IRL LASD has only Compton and south LA patrols, not goddamn entire LA, that just makes LAPD useless if this happens IRL.  Therefore LSSD should stay in the city but not as deep as they are now, and focus more on the county as well. SAPR should start focusing more on state parks, as that's what they supposed to be doing and it's fun and passive RP as they signed up for.

The majority of people who RP in SD do so specifically to roleplay out of Davis Station. Without releasing specific numbers, there are literally 3x as many deputies in Davis Station as there are in Paleto Bay Station. I do not personally enjoy RPing in Davis, but those numbers aren't going to change just because people think our faction belongs mostly in the county.