Businesses, applications to get a business

Clack

Whoever is dealing with approving business applications, please provide the community with your roleplaying credentials as I do not believe that you are worthy enough of declining applicants for "lack of effort".

I refuse to believe that actual roleplayers are systematically denying the opportunity for others to create roleplay.

This topic has not been submitted by someone who had their application denied recently and wants to bash out. In fairness, I have had my business applications approved in the past however I believe it is easier to get a business funding approved in real life than it is in GTA World.

I have seen people getting denied for reason such as "Too many pawnshop applications have already been submitted", just to find out that no pawnshops are active in game. You have just denied the opportunity for someone to create roleplay and bring some life in his environment.

Is it possible that the relevant people handling those applications are holding grudges from previous communities?

Is it possible that the relevant people handling those applications have never had any experience in roleplaying and maintaining a business themselves?

For those staff members who are not that fond of roleplay and are not as passionate about it as their players, please understand that you are slowly killing this community by continuing to deny proper applications and denying the chance for people to expand their roleplay within their faction and also connecting with regular citizens.

• Upvote 1

Apart from your emotional psychobabble  and overall attitude that’ll probably contribute to locking this thread, I do think it’d be an improvement of transparency if the handbook with points used to judge applications was made public. That said, administrators tend to just explain exactly what the problem with your application is. And often give you exactly what you need to fix for it to be approved. It’s also hard to support someone claiming they had the perfect application without seeing the application. 

We have like seven pawnshops in the server, most are active. Hell, three were open at once yesterday, bias hating from other servers doesn't hold much weight unless you have strong ass evidence PM is probably the least corrupt sub-teams in this server dog. In real life you apply for a license and pay the fee, anyone can open a business in real life doesn't mean anything when comparing it to what you just posted. If PM really believe there is way to much of something, they won't approve it. And in this case we do have a crap ton of pawnshops.

Sounds like a vent thread instead of anything productive, I would suggest, a cup of tea or grass as they say.

• Upvote 1

I have a terrible past admin record and I’ve been granted a large scale company by PM due to the fact I properly wrote my application up, took my time with it, expressed my goals and vision for my business, explained my characters background and how he would own the company and his goals. 

I have to highly disagree with you about PM denying applications and the assumption they don’t have valid “credentials”. The property management team ensures that properties and businesses are being given to players which actually will genuinely care about the business, are passionate about it and have the proper portrayal / reasoning to own the business not just because they want to and it’ll be “fun”, but to provide a service to the community as a whole. I’m sorry your application didn’t work out but honestly bashing the staff team isn’t the proper way to go because things didn’t work out in your favor.

You can always apply to the staff team to help make changes, or potentially just sit back and take your time on the application, don’t rush it, make sure everything seems up to the servers standards when it comes to your character story / explanations.

Hope things work out for you, remember it’s just a game and we’re all here to have fun. Just because things didn’t work out for you this time doesn’t mean they won’t the next.

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 1

The guy behind the business applications is actually Andrew Tate. The reason why he's denying everybody businesses IG is because he thinks you should go out instead and create a business irl. Real (i have sources but do not PM about it)

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Out of the roughly eight times that I've requested for a business property, I've only been denied twice, in a span of four years. The two denials were back in 2020, Reason? I did not research, heavily, into what I was applying for. Most rejections are simply because either A) Effort was not applied to the application process, which is NOT hard to do or B) There is an abundance of a similar business concept.

Edited by DLimit
On 3/21/2023 at 6:23 PM, Narco said:

I’m sorry your application didn’t work out but honestly bashing the staff team isn’t the proper way to go because things didn’t work out in your favor.

I haven't started this thread because I was denied.

I have only applied once for a business and it was accepted. I believe that I am speaking on behalf everyone who got denied for some poor reasoning as that was one of the main reasons why Liberty City died. Los Santos will be next if PM continues to discourage applicants.

Bashing the staff team is most likely the way to go, diplomacy gets you nowhere.

• Upvote 1

Just to comment on this thread, Property Management have every right to deny an application for not enough effort, and with that comes an elaborate response to it too, more often than not an admin will sit down and delve into the gritty intricacies that come with denials in an appeal with the player privately on the forums.

With the feedback Property Management has heard over the years we've been able to establish guides for players to open the gate of transparency which are linked below. We have resources for players who perhaps don't like writing a lot or simply don't know where to start. It's not something anyone should be ashamed of, but we have these in place for those who would like to use it.

No way would an admin in Property Management not sit down and explain themselves fully if asked to - to further reinforce that it's been drilled into their brain that we try and try to accommodate players with their requests, however, sometimes back and forth can only last so long within a given time-frame.

In our discord alone we have been equipped with resources available to players called #guides-links-info and whilst it may not be up to date entirely, we're constantly looking to better ourselves but I would severely discourage "bashing admins to get what you want" because the services in which we provide aren't up for scrutiny, bashing or general disrespect.

Our team is up for constructive criticism and trying to see different point of views whilst learning more about people and how to handle things better. Any issues you have with one of the team I encourage you reach out to myself or Lomadias and we can listen to your concerns, but as the players in this discussion have expressed, the way you intend to go about it is definitely not the right one and I can only empathise that you're likely frustrated with an outcome you have received, however, there are avenues for you to take up rather than, and I quote once more, bashing us admins.

• Upvote 6
  • Selena locked this topic