Is there a way to get your custom phone number & contacts back?

KL

I had bought a custom (4-digit) phone number with WPs. Recently my character was robbed and the phone with the custom number was taken away. I went to a phone store, bought a new phone, and did the /applycustomnumber command. However this didn't return my old 4-digit custom number, but instead gave me a random one (all the contacts were gone too). Now my question would be if it is possible to retrieve the old 4-digit number and its contacts?

I cancelled every other contract that was on my character's name, leaving only the contract with the 4-digit custom number active. I then checked via /stats if my custom number has changed to the old 4-digit one. However, the random number that was given to me still remains both as my custom and main phone number. So I still have no idea how to return the 4-digit number back...

Spoiler

image.jpeg.0d58d8abc204d63a52effc017be12e01.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

You're most likely bugged? Once you buy a custom number it's permanently registered to your account so whenever you do /applycustomnumber you should have that 4-digit one instead of random ones. So unless you somehow got your custom number reset in the past I believe your character is bugged therefore suggesting you to post a bug report!

• Thanks 1
On 4/2/2023 at 9:57 PM, bonedead said:

Late reply but there is a log of all saved numbers on your UCP

Characters > [Character Name] > Phone Contacts

That's correct, I can access all of my character's phone contacts via the UCP, however, that doesn't assist me in retrieving the old 4-digit number, unfortunately. 

On 4/2/2023 at 10:45 PM, Spring said:

You're most likely bugged? Once you buy a custom number it's permanently registered to your account so whenever you do /applycustomnumber you should have that 4-digit one instead of random ones. So unless you somehow got your custom number reset in the past I believe your character is bugged therefore suggesting you to post a bug report!

This sounds logical. I even recall doing /applycustomnumber once I bought the number change via the UCP (although this was all the way back in 2020 I should add) and from then on the 4-digit number was always shown as the custom one via /stats. I have no clue how the number got reset, maybe purchasing a new phone might have interfered with that? But that doesn't make a lot of sense, as you'd have to buy a new number change every time you got robbed lmao. I will go ahead and post a bug report, thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, Spudette said:

It might be silly to ask but is /applycustomnumber just not working at all? Just wondering. 🙂

Well both my custom & main phone numbers are the same, so the /aplycustomnumber command has no use in my case. The command did work initially though, I /applycustomnumber'ed the random number which came with the newly bought phone. The custom 4-digit number was replaced by random one in the 'custom number' section once I bought a new phone, which shouldn't be the case from what I know. So I practically had no control over the situation.

• 4 months later...