Make county properties unrentable

I believe with how difficult it is to find a county property on the server, they should be unrentable. Players are essentially hording these properties by renting them out to players instead of selling them or allowing PM to take them over so that a county roleplayer can actually OWN the property because they don't want to lose it. 

A fix? remove players from being able to rent these properties out so that they cant be hoarded. 

• Upvote 4

Much needed. Maybe, only permit renting out county properties with approval from the staff.

Properties rarely get rented, in rural areas, anyway. It's usually only common amongst country cottages. Isn't as common as renting out a unit in the city.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Much needed. Maybe, only permit renting out county properties with approval from the staff.

Properties rarely get rented, in rural areas, anyway. It's usually only common amongst country cottages. Isn't as common as renting out a unit in the city.

Definitely agree that approval from staff should be required 100%

• 2 weeks later...

This won't stop people from hoarding properties. It'll just stop half the county from showing ANY form of life. At least if people are renting out their shit, we get some activity in the county

Edited by Don't@Me
  • Upvote 1

Yes, county properties are difficult to acquire, and if you haven't owned the property for a long time, it requires a full application or contacting a member of PM with thorough reasoning to attain said building. If people are acquiring these properties, renting them out and then living life in the city, I agree it needs looking at.

It does give the county some more life but I think its the wrong way to go about it, as mentioned places like these don't commonly get rented out, they could be taken up by someone who actually wants to own it for their character and development.

+1

1 hour ago, Phallanx said:

Yes, county properties are difficult to acquire, and if you haven't owned the property for a long time, it requires a full application or contacting a member of PM with thorough reasoning to attain said building. If people are acquiring these properties, renting them out and then living life in the city, I agree it needs looking at.

It does give the county some more life but I think its the wrong way to go about it, as mentioned places like these don't commonly get rented out, they could be taken up by someone who actually wants to own it for their character and development.

+1

Exactly, there's already a large amount of individuals which horde the properties for 6 months then try to sell them at 2-3 million, its ridic. 

2 hours ago, Don't@Me said:

This won't stop people from hoarding properties. It'll just stop half the county from showing ANY form of life. At least if people are renting out their shit, we get some activity in the county

I don't see how that makes any sense. Players that genuinely want to roleplay in the county will throw up an application, allowing them the properties to be rented is just an excuse for someone that doesn't want to give up a property they know will be worth 2-3 mil in 6 months and by allowing someone to rent it its an excuse not to give it up. 

• 5 weeks later...