The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

952 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, stain said:

Sure, but negating the whole point of masks in the first place being hiding a persons appearance seems a little redundant. People will MG nametags all the time regardless of what rules you put in place. I don't see why everyone's issue is with people using the masks in the way they're intended to be used. 

If they MG name tags then just report the players involved.

I already know I'm getting about zero roleplay or interaction from someone who wears mask all the time so I'm kinda indifferent to it, but it's very weird seeing them running around with masks 24/7. Like, please put more depth into your character.

• Applaud 2
7 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

it’s not illegal to wear a mask

it is illegal to make a law dictating mask use in and of itself as circumstance for punishment or infringe on a persons rights

refuse ppl admission into ur business ic, if they unreasonably escalate then u make a forum report.

ty

I think it’s a shame it goes as

-Start roleplay

-Maintain peace from masked individuals 

-Roleplay escalate to violence 

-Report on forums.

It seems too rare that a situation like this de-escalates on its own. 
Micromanagement is tedious yes, but why not rather try to establish a footing to prevent these situations, than just let a good scenario turn into hellfire and police sirens to just report?

I’d be more behind a rule than a law

Wearing a mask is an IC issue. I agree with Honey that it definitely looks stupid sometimes for sure but imo it’s not unrealistic. In the US wearing a ski mask is now a fashion statement. Which is the perfect cover for niggas who are wearing it because they actually need it. 

If you guys think it’s unrealistic or doesn’t happen then you’re just out of touch with what happens in the US. West Coast, East Coast, Down South and the Midwest mfs are wearing ski masks all over. I literally wear one sometimes and have multiple and I’m not even in the streets like that now I’m an old man lol. 

We don’t need anymore draconian rules that some trial admin or admin with no concept of what it’s like in LA IRL can come in and ajail or ban people for masks. In the end it’s going to be more trouble than it’s worth with players reporting ppl for wearing masks and staff reports. Just an all around shit show imo. You can trust IFM to moderate the situation but other admins with NO illegal faction experience? Mallrat admins are salivating rn as we speak.

Its gonna be a no from me big dawg.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, mj2002 said:

If they MG name tags then just report the players involved.

Point in case right here. That’s just more hypothetical bullshit that we have to go through. So now instead of people just wearing a mask, we have people trying to report them for it and then we have the people wearing masks reporting people for MGing their name tag. All of these reports are a waste of staff time and going to bog down a system that is already backed up months at a time. 

And no disrespect here Mj but if you’re co signing this then we know for sure it’s not good for illegal RP. Imo you had a clear disdain for illegal RP when you were staff and you were completely out of touch with illegal RP and the streets in general in the US.