The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

894 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Rubbish said:

While I voted yes, I guess this could also be handled ICly by introducing a law against facial obstruction when it's deemed suspicious.

I see LEOs abusing that tbh, gang members are more than likely going to say no when confronted. LEOs get them on resisting, next thing you know the character's going into jail for having a firearm/drugs

Edited by sixtyeight
  • Upvote 3

Even with shiesties being considered fashionable across the USA in general nowadays, I think in the server people take it to an extreme

A minor rule, to prevent people being masked 24/7, is fine IMO. Nothing that'll stain your record, but something to try and prevent people to be masked en-masse, without being in any sort of dangers or to prevent law enforcement from identifying them.

I don't think this should affect masks that show your face, for example an open shiesty, that shows your face from chin-to-forehead, should be fine to wear, as it still is the current fashion trend.

• Upvote 3

Option added for an IC law rather than an OOC one.

I believe it would sway a lot of usage if they knew they might get their shit frisked for wearing one.

It would however open up a lot of room for abuse, so hesitant.

Edited by honey.
  • Upvote 2
Just now, honey. said:

Option added for an IC law rather than an OOC one.

I believe it would sway a lot of usage if they knew they might get their shit frisked for wearing one.

Re-make the thread maybe? I already voted and I can't change my vote.

4 minutes ago, sixtyeight said:

I see LEOs abusing that tbh, gang members are more than likely going to say no when confronted. LEOs get them on resisting, next thing you know the character's going into jail for having a firearm/drugs

I'm pretty sure they already can, and while I don't play LEO myself there's honestly no reason to mask up when you aren't doing anything illegal. And toggling a maskname in a half-mask shiesty esque headwear you'd still be able to be identified which I'm pretty sure is already a rulebreak if you're hiding your name when in reality your mask doesn't hide any features.

In the end they could just ban it outright rulewise to wear masks when not doing anything illegal but I'm pretty sure it'll result in more metagaming than usual so eitherway it's a rulebreak and I guess if it becomes an IC mandate then at least you aren't oocly restricted from doing so.

Pick your poison.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

law was added, now lets not cry when cops get killed cause they pull up on masked ppl with 0 fear rp ambush-style

Lets also not complain about the fact cops will perform felony stops on any vehicles with people with masks involved, or if the cops call in a helicopter for every suspicious vehicle with masked men in it then? I'm all for the IC law though, OOC rules make no sense.