GTA:W set in the 40s'/50's?

Mistery14

jXiqsqu.jpg

Hi, been away for some time but I want to pop in real fast.

This is:

- Not a suggestion.

- Not a serious consideration (there are two servers already).

- Definitely only a theoretical discussion.

Now that this is cleared out of the way, what do you think of a GTA:W Set in the 1940/50s?

Any good RP potentials?

Would you play?

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 6

People barely know how to roleplay in this current time period, yes I'd play it but the RP quality would be objectively worse....then again I said the same thing about Red Dead Roleplay and that was a good experience in terms of roleplay quality.

• Upvote 6
3 hours ago, MafiaO said:

People barely know how to roleplay in this current time period, yes I'd play it but the RP quality would be objectively worse....then again I said the same thing about Red Dead Roleplay and that was a good experience in terms of roleplay quality.

I agree yeah - I feel like we are all too detached from that time-period to accurately portray characters from that time, sure some others might be more knowledgeable but outside of theoretically speaking, I heavily doubt it can be pulled off correctly. I mean, at least at the end of the day it's fiction so it's  kinda whatever.

It's just neat food for thought basically.

Edited by Mistery14

The only problem I see is lack of cars and infrastrcuture/maps for that time period. I don't know how well a map ported from say Mafia 2 would be. Lack of clothing would also be a problem, we only have 5-10 variants of suits that the Valentine's update gave us. I'd love to roleplay in that time period at times but it comes with a lot of trouble. 

• Upvote 2