Criminals Leasing Business Property - Background Checks

Hollywood

The system is way too loose right now. Especially when you have people apply for a lease with one character, and then name change to another completely different person, with different moralities/past and carry on like they always owned it.

I personally also think that Illegal factions running businesses should not qualify for the GOV bonuses, since they wouldn't allow the gov/PD to come in and do inspections.

3 hours ago, Velora said:

The system is way too loose right now. Especially when you have people apply for a lease with one character, and then name change to another completely different person, with different moralities/past and carry on like they always owned it.

Upon namechanging the character / having it CKed the lease is terminated as far as I'm ware of, so this isn't an issue really.

36 minutes ago, Franelli said:

Upon namechanging the character / having it CKed the lease is terminated as far as I'm ware of, so this isn't an issue really.

This is incorrect. You must inform Adero if you wish to namechange and he gives you an option to keep it or remove it. 

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

This is incorrect. You must inform Adero if you wish to namechange and he gives you an option to keep it or remove it. 

You are right - I was generally referring to players who decide to namechange without notifying Property Management through the appropriate channels.

• 2 weeks later...

If the application is done OOCly then the character itself should be OOCly looked at to see if it’s appropriate or realistic for them to receive such a lease. There are far too many people on this server that don’t mind getting a felony here or there for not paying their tax or evading police in their sports cars that it needs to be much harsher for players to receive such charges.

In the real world it becomes much harder for those who have done time to find their feet, especially if they wanted to start a business. Most ex-cons here end up working as mechanics, on-site workers (Bricklayers etc.) and door-salesmen. They don’t generally get good jobs - not for a long time after they’re released. Speaking as someone who knows a fair few people who have done time.

Edited by milk
  • 2 weeks later...