Implement some /mask rule(s)

10 minutes ago, Dante_Inglewood said:

Again, no issue with wearing masks, the issue stands with hiding behind a false identity, where it is common for players to think that they are invincible to the rules and those around them, creating unrealistic environments and situations.

As mentioned prior, if you want to commit crimes, you should be roleplaying them accordingly; including the consequences after. Just because you're masked, doesn't make you invisible, which unfortunately is the issue here.

But, if your face is concealed, then so is your identity. So, I do not understand what the problem is, here, anymore. 

You can easily report people by SSing their masked name, if needed. Other than that, if a person's entire face is concealed, then their identity should also be concealed. Private owners can ban people from entering stores, while masked, and people can petition to the government about the "Mask" issue. Make it a political case. O.O.C. intervention is not needed when it is a common theme, in U.S., for the youth to rock shiesty masks that cover up their faces, including ICly concealing their identity (hence, MASK342342).

Nobody is really invisible when masked... their identity is just concealed, much like in real life.

Edited by DLimit
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 5:59 AM, Dante_Inglewood said:

Broad daylight and people are in masks on the streets; in clubs, in stores, in cars

I live in Philadelphia and I've seen dudes head to toe in black, hoodies, masks, everything, just walking around in +80° weather in the middle of the day. Its way too much on the server, but its not entirely unrealistic.

Its corny af.

+1,

literally drive through the Strawberry  / Chamberlain Hills area and majority of people will have a mask on.. COVID never happened in our lore therefore it’s super goofy to see people with masks on 24/7 lmao. I can understand every once in a while if it’s cold but there’s people who literally don’t rp without one

Edited by Narco
  • 4 weeks later...

I find it hilarious how the community reacts to suggestions like this by saying it's an IC issue:

Yet suggestions like yours don't seem to be received the same way and are being treated as an OOC issue. 

I think the same sentiment has to be shared. People wear masks for a variety of reasons, not just to commit crimes and kill people — sometimes people wear masks to avoid being killed. You could have a different hairstyle, outfit and even roleplay wearing sunglasses and heavy makeup and you'd still be gunned down the moment someone from an enemy faction sees your character name. That's just how it goes and it can't be controlled, and it would be hard to prove in a report, so I think you should look at this in a different way. 

Edited by Serower
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
On 3/11/2023 at 2:59 AM, Dante_Inglewood said:

Being masked is nothing but bait and highly unrealistic when used all the time. Broad daylight and people are in masks on the streets; in clubs, in stores, in cars and so forth. The amount of masked individuals is astounding & super subpar. It's gotten to the point where I believe and feel as if there are more players with masks on than masks off.

Personally, and I can't speak for others, it's created nothing but an unrealistic, cringe experience within the server.

Masks should be used for the obvious illegal activities, but if your character is developed poorly or you're roleplaying poorly, being so frequently masked in public is just as bait as if you weren't. 

Here's your best possible fix, amigo, and you're not going to like it...

Just wear a mask.

I'm not kidding. Just wear a mask, all the time. I've started doing it, and I'm thrilled that it's becoming a rapidly growing phenomena across the city, because we're basically becoming one big society of Mandalorians. The sooner everyone does this, the sooner we can expect people to comfortably conceal their identities en masse, we can celebrate breaking one more of the wildly stupid shackles that keeps us bound to the argument that this place needs to be 'rEaLiStIc' and go full-on Night City street wars with everyone packing a gun.

Let's do this. Let's break the system together.

• Thanks 1

So, I'll give you here a little "snapshot" of my experience with masks. Basically, my beloved character has a house in Davis, and until recently she was working part - time as cashier in Davis LTD. You can't believe how much folks are running around with full face ski masks, entering shop and basically RP'ing with a mask like that's something normal. Of course, since IRL you wouldn't be welcome in any store with full ski masks, I stopped ICLY serving customers who came in aforementioned LTD with masks. O...Oh man! Gun was pulled on  me, knife, bat... Whatnot! 

Anyhow, from my experience, and... Well, this is my observation in half of year in RP'ing as cashier at Davis LTD. People who RP with masks all the time, generally, are actively looking for trouble. Of course, there are few good RPer's who wear masks often, however they are rare and far between. It's needless to say that my character is actively avoiding masked folks due to fear for her life and belongings, and... Truth be told, I more often then not had unpleasant RP'ing experience with folks who RP in this manner. 

And, let's be real, "StreetZ are dangerous, yo'" ain't a excuse to wear a ski mask on +40 in summer time in Los Santos (IRL Los Angeles). Should there be a rule against wearing masks? No, I don't think so. This is just a common sense. Will I continue to avoid this kind of RP'ers? Hell yes! 

Edited by Revolter
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Serower said:

I find it hilarious how the community reacts to suggestions like this by saying it's an IC issue:

We both know the ones saying it are the ones abusing the masks. They're also the same people who want CCWs to be rare so that random citizens don't have means to defend themselves from crime.

• 3 weeks later...