Implement some /mask rule(s)

This is actually already covered by rule 5 though we all know reporting someone for not using a mask properly isn't going to be very high up on the list of administrative priorities. That said, it is pretty immersion breaking to walk into any open business and see half the players with /mask id's. The biggest issue isn't necessarily the fact that people are masked though, it's that It gets very difficult to actually follow roleplay when the room is crowded by masked players. 

Though I can also see why it would be a little immersion breaking to see so many on the people on the streets wearing masks. I doubt the majority of reasons players are wearing them, would actually be considered valid reasons but it's not something they'll even get a warning for really. I guess it can't hurt to include a couple of good and bad examples of mask usage just for extra clarity and so admins who care to address improper usage have a little extra material to draw from and refer players to.

But in the grander scheme of things, it's honestly a moot problem when comparing it to the server's many other issues.

Edited by Moonsong
On 3/14/2023 at 1:42 AM, Moonsong said:

This is actually already covered by rule 5 though we all know reporting someone for not using a mask properly isn't going to be very high up on the list of administrative priorities. That said, it is pretty immersion breaking to walk into any open business and see half the players with /mask id's. The biggest issue isn't necessarily the fact that people are masked though, it's that It gets very difficult to actually follow roleplay when the room is crowded by masked players. 

Though I can also see why it would be a little immersion breaking to see so many on the people on the streets wearing masks. I doubt the majority of reasons players are wearing them, would actually be considered valid reasons but it's not something they'll even get a warning for really. I guess it can't hurt to include a couple of good and bad examples of mask usage just for extra clarity and so admins who care to address improper usage have a little extra material to draw from and refer players to.

But in the grander scheme of things, it's honestly a moot problem when comparing it to the server's many other issues.

I wonder if people are aware than roleplaying covid aftermath is not allowed on the server, which leaves out only wearing masks to evade Police. Which according to California penal code 185 PC is punishable by 6 months in jail and fine up to 1000$. However this is only valid if suspect did use a mask for committing a crime and used the mask to evade. But given the nature of the server it's safe to assume that EVERY individual wearing a mask is either about to commit a crime or is evading after a crime has been committed.

24 minutes ago, Dante_Inglewood said:

Wear a mask, be shiesty all you want. I have no issue, nor does anyone else.

This is suggestion is to tackle the blatant hiding behind a temporary name.

"nor does anyone else."

The past dozen other threads suggest otherwise. People wanted to ban wearing masks, period, simply because it was unrealistic. 

Now, let's say someone does conceal their whole face with a Shiesty mask... why shouldn't their name be covered, if, realistically, their identity would be concealed?

58 minutes ago, DLimit said:

"nor does anyone else."

The past dozen other threads suggest otherwise. People wanted to ban wearing masks, period, simply because it was unrealistic. 

Now, let's say someone does conceal their whole face with a Shiesty mask... why shouldn't their name be covered, if, realistically, their identity would be concealed?

Again, no issue with wearing masks, the issue stands with hiding behind a false identity, where it is common for players to think that they are invincible to the rules and those around them, creating unrealistic environments and situations.

As mentioned prior, if you want to commit crimes, you should be roleplaying them accordingly; including the consequences after. Just because you're masked, doesn't make you invisible, which unfortunately is the issue here.