Implement some /mask rule(s)

Being masked is nothing but bait and highly unrealistic when used all the time. Broad daylight and people are in masks on the streets; in clubs, in stores, in cars and so forth. The amount of masked individuals is astounding & super subpar. It's gotten to the point where I believe and feel as if there are more players with masks on than masks off.

Personally, and I can't speak for others, it's created nothing but an unrealistic, cringe experience within the server.

Masks should be used for the obvious illegal activities, but if your character is developed poorly or you're roleplaying poorly, being so frequently masked in public is just as bait as if you weren't. 

Edited by Dante_Inglewood

How are masks the issue? You ever thought that maybe you are the issue because YOU'RE the only person that's mad about masks in 2023? You don't know who these masked people are, maybe they're wanted by the police, maybe they have people looking after them, maybe they're trying to commit a crime and they're masked up beforehand so there's 0 trace of them or maybe they just think they look cool as fuck with a mask on, which might not be true but who are you to be in another person's business? A new discussion thread opens about this same thing every month and it's not changing because IT'S NOT UNREALISTIC, the last thread got L&A'd because it had like 2 pages full of proof that masks are realistic to use and people wear them everywhere and anywhere, even at funerals, pools, school, libraries.

Are we gonna compare wearing masks to terrorism or rape like last time? I hope not.

Spoiler

Whatever issues regarding people wearing masks is not something that needs to be regulated OOCly. The whole ski mask or sheisty is a trend in the US at the moment as stated by people who actually live there and millions of memes/pics posted here. We wont be issuing an OOC rule to regulate people wearing ski masks for now. If you have issues with people wearing masks take it IC, you are a cop and feel that its suspicious? Confront them about it. Take it IC and create RP rather than trying to regulate it OOCly.

As for this thread, I'll be keeping this locked and gonna archive it because nothing productive comes out of this rather than mindless back and forth.

Hope y'all have a good day.

--Lil Maniac, July 31, 2022,

I'm gonna copy and paste what LIl Maniac said in bold and large letters, maybe you understand this way.

"If you have issues with people wearing masks take it IC, you are a cop and feel that its suspicious? Confront them about it. Take it IC and create RP rather than trying to regulate it OOCly."

15 minutes ago, Dante_Inglewood said:

Personally, and I can't speak for others, it's created nothing but an unrealistic, cringe experience within the server.

It's crazy how only legal roleplayers get mad and pressed about masked people in this server, it also happens to be the same Anti-(M) people who are nicknamed "I ignore (M) roleplayers" in the GTAW Official Discord server, coincidence huh? People crying for not being able to live in their own happy crime-free awesome life with their lovely significant other isn't anything new, go get a gun and a phone, 

Edited by BLUE HUNDREDS
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
37 minutes ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:
51 minutes ago, Dante_Inglewood said:

It's crazy how only legal roleplayers get mad and pressed about masked people in this server, it also happens to be the same Anti-(M) people who are nicknamed "I ignore (M) roleplayers" in the GTAW Official Discord server, coincidence huh? People crying for not being able to live in their own happy crime-free awesome life with their lovely significant other isn't anything new, go get a gun and a phone, 

The suggestion is coming from a developing illegal role player, so let’s not create false narratives.

You’re taking this way too personal, so it’s quite clear you’re one of those masked individuals, but I’ll reply to this in the morning assuming it’s still up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Dante_Inglewood said:

You’re taking this way too personal, so it’s quite clear you’re one of those masked individuals, but I’ll reply to this in the morning assuming it’s still up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I am, I have IC reasons to do it, what's your point here? We're still not gonna ignore the fact that this topic was brought up 1000 times before and I think that the last one was enough to stop these type of threads to get posted.

• Upvote 1