Allow players to player report admins in public.

Zach..

As it is now, if an admin goes in game and breaks a rule such as DM, CC, etc, they cannot be forum reported. They have to be staff reported in a hidden section. This is not transparent at all and makes it seem like admins are above the rules. They should be held to the same standard as any player if they have broken a rule IC.

• Upvote 9

Supported +1 for transparency

I think this allows too much discretion by not allowing it to be shown in public as everyone should be held to the same standards and so that repeated behavior shown by staff members can be addressed publicly as a form of transparency. Private information can be messaged to the handling admins directly. 

I do not see much tangible benefit from allowing staff complaints to be publicly visible. You could argue the same for player reports, but when a number of parties are involved and having to weigh in on the incident at hand, it is understandable why they are public to enable those who are involved to submit their comments and arguments. Staff complaints on the other hand usually do not require a back-and-forth between the complainant and the accused.

If you consider the world outside of this game and consider this from the perspective of an organisation's complaint procedure, I am sure you would be hard-pressed to find complaint investigations available in the public domain. Perhaps the only exception to this is legal cases and law enforcement internal affairs investigations. For the latter, this generally comes in the form of details of anonymised dispositions of complaints, rather than entire cases and their investigations.

11 hours ago, Peak. said:

Forum Report = In game stuff.

Staff Report = When admin has made a decision someone doesn't agree with.

Thought that was the rules anyhow?

Zani has said that anything related to a staff member is a staff report...despite what was said by Management in the server rules question thread.