Roleplay Question - Lawyer character development

Woozyarth

Hi, so I wanted to roleplay as a lawyer, but I noticed that I need to follow a long path to become a lawyer and I might have started on the wrong foot. I need to know from experienced players who roleplayed lawyers. I need to know how to perfectly portray a lawyer character from nothing to a lawyer, because I noticed that the lawyer RP is really realistic and portrays the real life lawyer individual, and the problem my time on the server I didn't got a chance to roleplay any police officer or law faction because my English language is a kind of bad and getting accepted in the LSPD or Sheriff need someone have good English language. I need some nice roleplay guides on how to approach the lawyer roleplay and develop a lawyer character.

devleoping to become a lawyer is doing nothing but study for 5 or so years and then being a paralegal and treat like shit for a couple of years and then boom ur a lawyer.

rping being in law school probably isnt gonna be a lot of fun so maybe start off as a paralegal 

I agree with Gallagher - if you're not too clued up on the law OOC, maybe make a character and start as a Paralegal at an existing law firm so you can organically learn IC.

Being a lawyer in real life is tough - if you're working at a bigger named firm, expect to basically sacrifice your life in the early stages of your career. Even then, Junior Associates are treated like shit by Partners. Law School is also very expensive in the US so you'll need to factor that into your character.

Feel free to PM if you'd like to discuss further

In my opinion, I think that you can become a bar-certified attorney and still seek out an internship with one of the existing law firms would be a lot more enjoyable of an experience than starting out as a paralegal. I have doubts a law firm IRL is going to throw any freshly graduated law school student into the deep end on very tough and challenging cases. 

Perhaps talk to one of the existing law firms and explain what you wish to get out of it as a bar-certified attorney intern. Maybe they can help you work with smaller cases and help you along the way to more complicated cases.

Hi,

Becoming a bar certified attorney requires a fair amount of OOC knowledge about the basic processes in the US legal system and the SA Penal Code. My recommendation, as the faction leader, is to become a paralegal with an existing law firm or the DA's office and gain legal knowledge and experience as others have said!

Hope this helps.

25 minutes ago, OliHaydes said:

Hi,

Becoming a bar certified attorney requires a fair amount of OOC knowledge about the basic processes in the US legal system and the SA Penal Code. My recommendation, as the faction leader, is to become a paralegal with an existing law firm or the DA's office and gain legal knowledge and experience as others have said!

Hope this helps.

A lot of people told me that da's and pdo is a good start for someone new to the lawyer RP exactly like what you said.

Just to add the certification to be a lawyer is a real thing on this server; you need to pass the exam if you want to work as a lawyer. It's a well written exam and if you can pass it you'll do fine.

You are welcome to reach out for more info. As mentioned above Oli is the faction leader and I've done law to for many years on here 

Edited by Jankara
  • 5 months later...