Stricter rules for the IC section

Miami

Suggestion: Review the rules for the IC section to make it more realistic and of better roleplay quality.

Examples:

The IC section of the forum is a metagaming mess. For example, in the advertisement section, you have no idea if you're interacting with an online auction, a classifieds listing, or actually in a room with the person you're interacting with. Here are some examples:

"Title says it" - how am I meant to roleplay interacting with this ad?

Another one.

I'm sorry to be calling out people like this, but this just feels like very low quality roleplay. I know there are no rules against it right now, so you can't necessarily fault any of those posts - what they're doing is not wrong, it's the rules that are not strict enough.

This also extends to replies. You could have the most beautiful roleplayed listing or post in an IC forum and you'd get a random 2 word reply with no effort put in it.

Edited by Miami

Honestly. I saw other post and I copied it. 
I don’t have problems in prepare a good post but… What’s the difference? If you want to buy a car ICly just have to do /ad. This is something similar. What information do I need to have if I wanna buy a car? OOCly you have a lot of webs, dealerships, company…. I think forum is a tool. Would I like to see better post? Yeah sure. But… You cited me @Miami. Can you show  what would be a good post for you? I’m trying to understand this. 

Edited by Artizen
7 hours ago, Artizen said:

Honestly. I saw other post and I copied it. 
I don’t have problems in prepare a good post but… What’s the difference? If you want to buy a car ICly just have to do /ad. This is something similar. What information do I need to have if I wanna buy a car? OOCly you have a lot of webs, dealerships, company…. I think forum is a tool. Would I like to see better post? Yeah sure. But… You cited me @Miami. Can you show  what would be a good post for you? I’m trying to understand this. 

It should be up to your imagination, ideally. You could RP it being a news article, an auction, a classified listing, an online auction, whatever.

I’m sorry if it looked like I was attacking people, I wasn’t. I just used examples and made a suggestion to encourage more roleplay in the forums. I don’t think anyone broke any rules. 

I remember in the days of SAMP roleplay, a lot of people would roleplay selling their cars on the forums as live auctions. So in the replies, people would describe their characters with a one liner and then make an offer. It doesn’t take too much effort.

I try to roleplay as much as I can if I need to post on the forums. I don’t post often but you can see my post history, I feel like that’s not too bad.

After all I assume we are all in this server because we enjoy roleplaying. Why not extend our fun to the forums’ IC section too?

• 3 months later...

I can kinda see where the OP is coming from tbh, it doesn't particularly bother me but it does irk me, a little bit. You never quite know for sure what format you should be posting in. Personally I just treat it like craigslist and assume everything is just online unless it's specifically stated otherwise for the sake of continuity. I don't think this is a problem that needs intervention though, it's also not something that can really be enforced because it's just not worth the effort it would entail.

Edited by Moonsong