✓ Worldlink | Prevent Spam & Verify Users | Discord Community Bot

Introduction

A small prologue, I write Discord Bots for servers on an individual basis and recently I was working on a very simple bot that allows you to link your Discord and Forum Account quickly and easily — ✓ Worldlink.

The server owner wanted a way for their users to have a linked forum account and have the system automated so that they didn't have to manually ensure everyone was correctly linked. So the purpose of ✓ Worldlink was for server owners to have a clean way of checking Discord user is who on the forum and UCP.

Approval

This Discord Bot is neither endorsed or officially supported by GTA World. It has been mentioned to Nervous and they have stated they have no current issue with the bot nor with me posting this thread in showcase of it, or with the potential public release of it. However, this isn't to say it's approved by Nervous—just simply that they've been made aware of it and the fact that it views profiles for codes and that they have no current issue with it.

What does Worldlink do?

As seen in the image below, ✓ Worldlink allows server owners to set roles up that are given to users once they link their Discord and Forum Account. Server owners can then see which users are linked to what forum account to better enforce in their communities. It blocks unauthorized users who do not use World or the Forums from accessing certain parts of your server, etc.

xDZJJKL.png

Is it easy for users?

See for yourself in the example below. It takes literally two easy steps for a user to verify and once the user has verified once then they will never have to do it ever again even in new Discords. It'll be a 1-click verification for newer Discords once a user has verified. This takes as little as 30 seconds.

0yK3pbk.png

Is it safe and do I have to be worried about my privacy?

✓ Worldlink is incredibly safe as it only requires permissions it needs to run, ✓ Worldlink does not require Administrator. And, even better;

8f5xrA9.png

This bot requires no permissions to reading, viewing or accessing messaging and their content. When inviting the bot it will ask for no permissions relating to your messages and any Discord Developer or Bot Developer will be able to confirm without seeing its code that it completely respects your privacy. This bot only requires permissions to be able to see a single channel which is its verification channel, and even then; it still does not request permissions to read messages making it impossible for anybody to do so.

Is it available to use right now?

Yes and No... — this was supposed to be a single-server bot and I've expanded it to be public. For anyone who is genuinely interested, message me on Katie#2191 or reply to this thread with your Discord tag and you can become an experimental tester and have access to using the bot in your servers before release.

Yes! See the blue button below.

Edited by KaythPlus
  • Upvote 1

Click the button below to add ✓ Worldlink to your server

AFsrrgQ.gif

Now available to everyone.

After successfully running for around a week in around six different GTA World servers, it seems like a utility that some sever-owners find use in. This tool is now available for free (obviously).

Want it custom-tailored to your server with a message, images or want the source code?

✓ Worldlink will be hosted for free, forever by myself and maintained to a small degree, however, if you want a custom-tailored version for your server then contact me via Discord on Katie#2191. Be aware that you will be given the source files and expected to host the bot yourself if you request a tailored version. This also means you will not be connected to the main database of linked users so users can not use the ease-of-access auto-link service if they have already linked elsewhere.

But the poll was negative, why release?

There simply was not enough respones to gauge, I had 6 servers contact me to use ✓ Worldlink in their community and 4 people clicked 'No' on using ✓ Worldlink on the poll. Simply put, those who wish to use it contacted me and ignored the poll whereas those who didn't, used the poll. The results ended up being useless.

Edited by KaythPlus
  • KaythPlus changed the title to ✓ Worldlink | Prevent Spam & Verify Users | Discord Community Bot