Balance out admins roleplaying and on admin duty. (posted in the wrong thing on accident last time)

cason4312

19 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

Except when it came to your trailer...

The sanctity and security of ones large prefabricated mobile structure that is situated in one particular place and used as permanent living accommodation is paramount. So is the preservation of the characteristic commonality within the district in which a homogeneous group of people live in the same place. A singular effort was made, one that was so traumatic that it has embedded the strong compelling belief that reporting (with the exception of super whiny staff reports) is an act that is so entirely and utterly brainless. It 9/10 times makes little or no sense, use, or purpose. And is absolutely not fulfilling nor expected to achieve the intended purpose or desired outcome. Words words more words look at me I’m super smart look at all my words. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3

Only if the playerbase stopped being a bunch of crybabies, we'd have more admins motivated to take reports. Some of them are lazy as fuck for sure, but most of the times it's just players acting entitled and being petty. 

Threads like these are never going to work, most admins already do more work behind the scenes than you think and if your report about your car being flipped goes unnoticed it isn't the end of the world. 

• Upvote 1

What @Mecovy said earlier in the thread was pretty much my experience as an admin. There was only a few of us available at certain hours and all we were able to do was answer reports and tickets, even when we were roleplaying we often had to just stop what we were doing and take reports because either they got backed up or the other admins were busy with subteam work.and couldn't help out. That's another thing players don't see. All they see is two admins on duty and their report going nowhere, when the two on duty are already working their ass off. Some reports take minutes, others can take 20+.

Don't get me wrong, I'm usually the first to criticize poor decision making and lack of meaningful punishments but I still respect the jobs they have to do because I've been there. Threads like these always grind my gears because they're so ignorant to what actually goes on behind the scenes and the fact that admins are players too, players who volunteer their time because they love the server and want to give something back. As others said you can help speed things up by considering whether your report is something that is better suited for the forum or not, or if it's even really necessary 

Edited by Moonsong
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, varthshenon said:

Or maybe just don't be rude (if you're talking about OOC rude)

not only talking about rude, i'm just saying that people report for petty bullshit in general

anything that just wastes and admins time shouldn't even be reported, me personally i usually work shit out with the players before going to an admin. but you'll never catch me reporting for something small, giving the admins something tiny to deal with

2 hours ago, Rohan. said:

Only if the playerbase stopped being a bunch of crybabies, we'd have more admins motivated to take reports. Some of them are lazy as fuck for sure, but most of the times it's just players acting entitled and being petty. 

Threads like these are never going to work, most admins already do more work behind the scenes than you think and if your report about your car being flipped goes unnoticed it isn't the end of the world. 

finally someone who get's it, a lot of weird shit is being reported and in my opinion i think some of these people should actually try working shit out with the player before running to an admin

Part of reducing work, is getting smarter with how you work and there are a whole bunch of reports which could be avoided by intelligent scripting. Admins could save themselves alot of time by asking devs to assist them on removing the ability for rule breaks where scriptly possible.

A simple example of a current report - ‘name changed while awaiting trial’ - A report like this should never be a report because it should be made scriptly impossible to name change while awaiting trial. 

6 hours ago, Moonsong said:

Threads like these always grind my gears because they're so ignorant to what actually goes on behind the scenes and the fact that admins are players too, players who volunteer their time because they love the server and want to give something back. 

This is of course by design though. It's not like having volunteers is the only choice.

18 hours ago, mj2002 said:

This is of course by design though. It's not like having volunteers is the only choice.

You mean that Nervous should hire full-time admins, or? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm almost certain I'm just misunderstanding you here.

After joining the Staff team, I found that a lot of the admins I thought were less active before are simply busy with stuff that are not as visible to players, and that there is a huge emphasis on a healthy mix of roleplay and staff duty. Us supports can relatively easy perform our in-game duties while roleplaying, and I am personally quite fast to type and can maybe churn out one or two tickets while waiting for my RP partner, yet at other times I am busy roleplaying a more taxing scene and can't do that, and that's okay. We're all trying to create a better server for our fellow players. Admins can't roleplay and perform their duties as well, and so they have to balance their time more carefully. From my time on the server, I've seen a lot of admins come and go, and yet, being in support team now, I think we as a server is headed to a brighter future. There are many great actors within the staff team who is working to make and maintain a healthy system which will ensure that the admins can stay on for longer without burning out, while also making sure that everyone pulls their weight.

• Wuhtah locked this topic