Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

All ties into the age old question of whether San Andreas is California, or whether its a completely different state.

If we're roleplaying it as a place other than California, go for the snow. If it is meant to be a replacement of Cali, I'd say no.

1 minute ago, Ethanol said:

Do you expect us to script in the entire country?

We use a platform, it has limitations. 

Point out Los Santos / State of San Andreas on the United States Map - At best, you could RP Los Santos as an Island off the coast of US, governed by US laws, which we don't seem to RP properly anyway.

Just now, Shinto said:

Point out Los Santos / State of San Andreas on the United States Map - At best, you could RP Los Santos as an Island off the coast of US, governed by US laws, which we don't seem to RP properly anyway.

Where are you getting this from? None of what you said is true. 

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Vespucci Beach?

While it would be nice to see, it would completely undermine the direction server has been going in. We have enough problems as it is attracting heavy roleplayers to give us a shot and we'd become a meme overnight if we did this. The second we try to curb someone's unrealistic RP or try to convince them the new heavier GTA:W is worth checking out they'll just point to the fact we did snow RP in a climate where it almost never drops below 10 degrees Celsius. If we were a medium RP server, it would be cool to utilize but we're not, and it would undermine our project, identity and ability to attract players looking for a heavy RP server.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Ethanol said:

Where are you getting this from? None of what you said is true. 

Which part of what I said isn't true? The fact that the laws isn't RP'd properly or the fact that Los Santos isn't connected to USA on a real life map that people can't seem to understand but go along with it anyway because Los Santos is designed off LA because Rockstar likes to mimic the idea of real life cities in their video games? Just because my little town has a square that reminds me of the Time Square in New York doesn't mean it's New York man ?

12 minutes ago, Durry said:

All ties into the age old question of whether San Andreas is California, or whether its a completely different state.

If we're roleplaying it as a place other than California, go for the snow. If it is meant to be a replacement of Cali, I'd say no.

This.

1 minute ago, Atiku said:

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Vespucci Beach?

While it would be nice to see, it would completely undermine the direction server has been going in. We have enough problems as it is attracting heavy roleplayers to give us a shot and we'd become a meme overnight if we did this. The second we try to curb someone's unrealistic RP or try to convince them the new heavier GTA:W is worth checking out they'll just point to the fact we did snow RP in a climate where it almost never drops below 10 degrees Celsius. If we were a medium RP server, it would be cool to utilize but we're not, and it would undermine our project, identity and ability to attract players looking for a heavy RP server.

I'm not being funny but are you joking?

Loads of respected Heavy RP servers have had snow in the later parts of the years and it's been perfectly fine between their communities and other servers, do you have any examples of Heavy RP servers being "tarnished" by RP'ing snow because it feels like you're blowing it out of proportion. 

Just now, Shinto said:

Which part of what I said isn't true? The fact that the laws isn't RP'd properly or the fact that Los Santos isn't connected to USA on a real life map that people can't seem to understand but go along with it anyway because Los Santos is designed off LA because Rockstar likes to mimic the idea of real life cities in their video games? Just because my little town has a square that reminds me of the Time Square in New York doesn't mean it's New York man ?

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

When we created the server we defined the area as a west coast city. Other servers can define the area as whatever they want. That's literally all there is to it.