Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

3 minutes ago, Shinto said:

Oh please don't start about realistic weather... Ya'll have the rain on every damn day because..? ?

It's RAGE sync. Some people may see rain, others nearby will see fog, others will see a clear sky. You shouldn't be RPing anything other than a clear day unless the weather is stated in OOC chat by an admin. We can keep it consistent across the player base with our input.

Edited by Ribsey
Just now, Ribsey said:

Just addressed this in my post - it's RAGE sync. Some people may see rain, others nearby will see fog, others will see a clear sky. You shouldn't be RPing anything other than a clear day unless the weather is stated in OOC chat by an admin. We can keep it consistent across the player base with our input.

We also constantly reset the weather back to sunny at times whenever we notice it "raining"

I'm 100% up for it.

Not only is it a nice change of scenery, it also brings in a whole heap of different RP scenarios that wouldn't normally be possible with the "normal" weather.

I wouldn't say it should only be on Christmas though, feels like a wasted opportunity just to have it for a single day or two, especially when half of the server wont even be playing because they'll be spending time with their families and such.  

3 minutes ago, Ribsey said:

It's RAGE sync. Some people may see rain, others nearby will see fog, others will see a clear sky. You shouldn't be RPing anything other than a clear day unless the weather is stated in OOC chat by an admin. We can keep it consistent across the player base with our input.

I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference that when the rain slowly rolls in or when the rain suddenly starts raining with the clouds changing up in an instant being the key difference in telling if an admin has or hasn't set the weather to rain. 95% of the time, nobody says a thing in OOC, matter of fact I've only seen you do it.

I think it's fair to suspend realism for a spell like some suggested, considering it is a game. Last year's snow was wonderful and I would love for that again, but since there's a lot who don't want it, a compromise should be reached. The holiday season is beautiful, and many people use the game as a way to experience a different reality (or escape from it), not to perfectly emulate it. I can be a roleplay nazi myself, but snow is not that big of a deal. Just because we can't have it localized, as it would be IRL, doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to experience it at all. There are bigger things to fix as far as realism than weather, believe me. Just make sure that people are roleplaying accordingly during the snow and we're all fine. ?

• Upvote 1