Text 911

Detailed Description

In real life you can text 911 to send a message to law enforcement similar to calling, this is being pushed all over the country irl and I think it would be an amazing implementation here to be able to /sms 911 (message). This helps in situations that you'd realistically fear for your life too much to be able to call 911, such as in a home invasion. I've seen countless people shot for calling 911 in front of people and believe this would make an excellent addition to counter the constant robbery culture on the server. 

Relevant Commands/Items

/sms 911 (message)

How will it benefit the server?

Improve realism on the server.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/what-you-need-know-about-text-911

https://www.lapdonline.org/newsroom/text-to-9-1-1-nr17357sr/ 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, MistressOfMayhem said:

In order for text 911 to work we'd need someone on the other end to respond to texts. Dispatcher Job when. +10

SD currently has dispatchers on all the time, it can also work the same as the /call 911 system but just appears as [TEXT MESSAGE] or [911 TEXT] with the persons phone number. Could even potentially have the same system through text such as /sms 911 police or something along those lines

Just now, Narco said:

SD currently has dispatchers on all the time, it can also work the same as the /call 911 system but just appears as [TEXT MESSAGE] or [911 TEXT] with the persons phone number. Could even potentially have the same system through text such as /sms 911 police or something along those lines

What I mean is- When someone calls 911 IG right now, it's a pre-generated script. Same questions every time. You're not getting a person. The IG scripts are then blasted out to the relevant emergency response factions. Is TXT911 implied to work the same way? Texting the answers to the same pre-generated questions? 

Overall I'm a huge supporter, however, I'm also of the same mind that we should have have a communications center. Legitimate dispatchers. Someone that could actually answer the phones and provide dialog/back and forth with the caller. PD/SD/FD would get a lot more information if the 'dispatcher' was able to ask more questions and relay details to the relevant departments. If there isnt one on duty, then script calls, obviously, but this is could be one of those code-things where "If X is present, then Y, If not, Z"

• Upvote 1