Inactivity Time

Hit Em Up

Alright, properties I understand, if someone is inactive with a property they are potentially stopping other people from roleplaying with that property.

But vehicles? That makes no sense, if you have a vehicle lease and you keep paying for it, why should activity matter? PM can just give another vehicle to someone else, they are in unlimited supply.

Also, the argument that "all properties which would've been residential stay have been revoked from your character and in-turn, leaves you ineligible to own such an expensive car, having no house or residential property" leave a very bad taste in my mouth. If you go away in real life for years, you don't magically lose your properties, even if you have mortgages and you pay them on time. Nothing stops the guy owning an expensive car from just buying another house when they start playing again.

I wouldn't reaaaally have an issue with this if requests were open at all times (Seriously, there's no reason to keep them closed and open them once in a blue moon), so you could request it (the car) again, after you come back. But now, you come back, you have to wait months for requests to open again, then you have to wait weeks until it gets approved again.

3 hours ago, stringer said:

Alright, properties I understand, if someone is inactive with a property they are potentially stopping other people from roleplaying with that property.

But vehicles? That makes no sense, if you have a vehicle lease and you keep paying for it, why should activity matter? PM can just give another vehicle to someone else, they are in unlimited supply.

Also, the argument that "all properties which would've been residential stay have been revoked from your character and in-turn, leaves you ineligible to own such an expensive car, having no house or residential property" leave a very bad taste in my mouth. If you go away in real life for years, you don't magically lose your properties, even if you have mortgages and you pay them on time. Nothing stops the guy owning an expensive car from just buying another house when they start playing again.

I wouldn't reaaaally have an issue with this if requests were open at all times (Seriously, there's no reason to keep them closed and open them once in a blue moon), so you could request it (the car) again, after you come back. But now, you come back, you have to wait months for requests to open again, then you have to wait weeks until it gets approved again.

I do agree with the vehicle part mostly, perhaps give x amount of time for them to find a property before yeeting it would be fairer. But it was still justified as rules currently stand.

And no, having requests open at all times isn't fair at all on PM staff who are, a limited team of people who only have a finite time to spare. The amount of walls of text they get from people who don't understand why they were denied for the 30th time, or who are just angry at their property being taken away again because they used it for stupid reasons or didn't have it open enough and all sorts of things in between. The workload PM have is absolutely insane along with all the admin work they do in between, without them having to process applications every single day too, the turn around in staff would be insane. Keeping it open all the time, is a heavy nope from me. And before the same old counter argument is used, sure they know what they're getting into when they sign up, but not everyone wants to join PM compared to other subteams. Expecting them to do more and more work just because they signed up for it, would just be unfair.

Edited by Moonsong

vehicle leases and requests are dumb since you anyone can easily go and buy a supercar but you can't go buy something like a lawnmower to rp with. whole vehicle scene is retarded here and  should probably be revamped.

- creates work for admins whom already burn out and kill themselves adding to the already 6 years long waiting experience when requesting breathing permission on the server.

- If people want to troll or have immersion breaking bad car portrayal with "special" vehicles this happens already. It's not hard to buy a pink panto with neons or a lego blue race car or whatever the fuck, clown van. Pearlescent sportscar 21 y/o self made millionaire with a gun causing a riot if the rp tea is $400 virtual LS bucks. /call 207 1 yes

edit: so yes dont need a inactivity on cars lol

Edited by bricksbricksbricks

I understand how one could be angry at losing virtual assets, I mean you have worked hard to get them and I for one know it's definitely not easy to get off the ground on GTA World, especially as a solo player with not many friends. But real life will always come first, I have a family member who is sick right now and I am finding myself with less and less time to dedicate to GTA World but I am trying to find that balance between family and game, and as of now I have found a sweet spot in which I can do both - but if the situation changes, if for whatever reason I have to spend more time with my family they will ALWAYS come first no matter what, because family is worth more than my imaginary car or condo.

• Upvote 1
On 2/13/2023 at 3:41 AM, Muerta said:

Ay-fucking-men, sis. 👍👍👍👍👍👍 Materialistic things should never come before real life memories you create with those you love. Spend that time with them before they're sent back to heaven. It's reassuring that we do have options to take if we do need that break and can pick up where we left off. So initially, nobody needs to sweat anything. The game itself is toxic and time consuming at times, nobody should be too involved in it.

Ay fucking men

You just lose your business and property if you go inactive, which is fully normal. There are not enough for all players to use so why would an inactive player keep an inactive business or property.

If you play 13 hours in 5 months, that means you haven't played at all and you're keeping a property or a business away from other players.

Everyone can leave 2 weeks, 1 month, maybe even 3 months for important events and they can contact PM which will put them on inactivity leave or find solutions. But if you just go inactive because you're bored, you don't contact PM or you just don't have more time to put into GTAW than 5 minutes per day, then yes you don't deserve a business slot or a house slot as you're blocking other way more active players from having one.

As for vehicles, you don't lose them unless it's a lease. Leased vehicles means they're tied to a project of yours and must bring roleplay, it's part of our regular monthly monitoring of leased vehicles otherwise we would just have special vehicles everywhere and by everyone.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1