Inactivity Time

Hit Em Up

1 minute ago, tranquila said:

Ay-fucking-men, sis. 👍👍👍👍👍👍 Materialistic things should never come before real life memories you create with those you love. Spend that time with them before they're sent back to heaven. It's reassuring that we do have options to take if we do need that break and can pick up where we left off. So initially, nobody needs to sweat anything. The game itself is toxic and time consuming at times, nobody should be too involved in it.

Exactly. But on a fundamental level, I understand the frustration of the OP. It can be demotivating to come back after a refreshing break to see all your possessions gone.

• Upvote 1

By far the most frustrating aspect of this server. It’s very easy to feel punished by the server for not playing enough. The best tip I can give is to start playing differently, and accept the fact that you have to be more dependent on other players that do have more time. Few examples; I don’t buy houses, I rent from other players. That way your activity is irrelevant and you can tell your landlord when you’re around and have far more flexibility. Forget leasing anything, you don’t need it anyway and a Merit is always the superior car. Have active friends to front businesses if you really want to be involved. 

As for factions, find ones that accommodate your activity patterns and understand your situation. I’ve found that if I just explain my situation and absences during deployments and training I can always work something out. Whether it’s a LOA scheme or ABAS exception. Players are more forgiving than the system. And often staff can make a few things flexible for you. Some things you just gotta let go and find ways around. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, jbutton169 said:

It’s in place to stimulate roleplay, if you’ve only been online 13 hours in 5 months, that’s not just having a life that’s simply not playing at all. 

were talking about a car though not a house I’m selfishly hoarding with no hours preventing others from rping in that area

my wife divorced me because of gtaworld, and now I lost my car. 

I'm all for PM removing vehicles especially exotics like the Tempesta which is the equivalent of a Lamborghini from inactive players personally. Those vehicles are given out to players as an incentive and should be given to individuals that are very active and are proving their characters portrayal of owning those vehicles. Real life always comes first, just apply for the vehicle again when you become more active, not like it's impossible to get again if your portrayal and activity are up to par.

• Upvote 3
On 2/12/2023 at 4:27 PM, Ohngesicht said:

+1

Hey everyone,

I just got home from a fishing trip with my son and I can only agree with the OP.

I was so caught up in spending time with my boy that I completely forgot to log into the game and as a result, I lost my Pariah.

At first, I was upset about the loss of my car, but then I realized something even more important - the time I got to spend with my son was priceless.

We had an awesome time fishing, telling jokes, and just being there for each other.

I want to remind everyone that our real-life relationships are the most important things in our lives.

And sometimes, that means putting down the controller and spending quality time with the people we love.

So yeah, I lost my pariah, but I gained something even more valuable - memories with my son that I'll cherish forever.

fishing-father-son.jpg

what he gained that was more valuable.. was a golden lambo! 

e2JiEZI.png

Edited by Narco

I see it like this;

If you're applying for a unique property or vehicle and it was accepted, then it means you got it over potentially dozens of other candidates.  Yeah, everyone knows real life comes first but by going inactive for months on end you're basically keeping it from other players who could have roleplayed around it, it's especially dickish if you knew your time IG was going to be limited. That's just selfish, hoarding behavior and tbh PM were FULLY justified in taking it from you.