Thoughts on Andrew Tate's speech about GTA?

shqipster

In an older podcast, Andrew Tate discussed Grand Theft Auto. He highlighted how many players spend hours sitting at their computers playing the game, striving to acquire virtual wealth, weapons, and cars, as well as engage in simulated criminal activities, getting hoes, et cetera; yet they're unable to do the same in real life. Tate’s perspective on the game raises interesting questions about the motivations behind why people play it and the impact it may have on their lives. This topic would make for a lively discussion on forums, as some may agree with Tate’s views while others may have a different perspective. It would be interesting to explore different opinions and experiences surrounding this speech, as he's essentially talking about us, roleplayers.

(If this thread turns into a discussion about Andrew Tate as a person and the recent drama surrounding him, I will be removing this, as I don't want to spread negativity/toxicity. I'd like this to be a friendly discussion about his views on GTA.)

Edited by shqipster
  • Upvote 3

As a graduate from Hustlers University with a PhD in the Tenets of Tateanomics, my analysis from lands very similarly from what you’ve outlined in your thesis. Upon research into the topic it does make sense that roleplayers (typically the ones who roleplay very big and lavish lifestyles, main character syndrome type players) utilise the video game in order to overcompensate for their boring and otherwise mundane lives. This also applies to those who utilise their “power” acquired from the server whether it be a position in a faction or in the staff to their advantage also fall under this similar category.

• Upvote 13
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, bonk said:

As a graduate from Hustlers University with a PhD in the Tenets of Tateanomics, my analysis from lands very similarly from what you’ve outlined in your thesis. Upon research into the topic it does make sense that roleplayers (typically the ones who roleplay very big and lavish lifestyles, main character syndrome type players) utilise the video game in order to overcompensate for their boring and otherwise mundane lives. This also applies to those who utilise their “power” acquired from the server whether it be a position in a faction or in the staff to their advantage also fall under this similar category.

I have to agree with you.

It appears that In-character socialites just desire to be desperately popular, it's their greatest aspiration as they're well below socialites on a social standing IRL, presumably due to their lack of social skills.

Those IC power-hungry people you mention; to me, throughout my time on GTA:World, to me it has become obvious that they're simply cowards IRL, who are afraid of confrontation, lack self-confidence, etc - so they try acting like they're above people on GTA:World, in order to satisfy some sort of power fantasy.

(These opinions are not targeted towards anyone, I'm saying all this from personal experience, as I was once a part of these 2 GTA:W e-social-groups)