Clarify new rule regarding weapon scrolling

liq

1 hour ago, Murat said:

The rules make no sense. You can't even copy and paste a /me line, so that means a roleplayer with extreme dyslexia will need to power through a /me line in order to get out of a car and shoot somebody. This is bs lmaooo.

Admins will tells us that anything you have script wise is on your person, you must rp it. So why is the script being neglected in this particular instance? If I RP my pistol out in the car and on my lap, why do I need to further RP bouncing out with it? Do I rp /me gets out of my car everytime I park up? No I don't. 

People need to wake up and see that this is used to suppress roleplayers and give power to others, shit's a joke. Please remove this rule. 

this

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, liq said:

The new rules state that you must roleplay taking your gun out before hopping out of a vehicle, right?

Yes.

4 hours ago, liq said:

If I'm in a gang and I see the opps driving around, am I allowed to have a /me ready and hop out the car?

Technically, the rules state you cannot use any marcos or hotkeys. Rule has been there since like 2017, answer would be no.

4 hours ago, liq said:

If I'm a cop and I get out and then pull the gun out, the anims have played out, do I still need to write a /me?

This is a little tricky because the rules state "This also goes for immediately scrolling your weapon after exiting a vehicle, effectively avoiding the animation in the same way. This will require roleplay in the same way as it would within the vehicle." effectively avoiding the animiation, so if the animation is played out.. do you have to RP it? Is it only to RP stepping out and immediately start shooting or once you step out and walk then pull it showing the animation?

I will bring this up further and we will have a final outline so everyone is on the same page.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll try to clarify a little here as it seems it's been taken a little far, or not understood properly. I'll unlock the thread after my post for those that have more comments.

The rule was put in place to avoid the animation overlap that you get when exiting a car. I.E. Your drawing animation does not come into play as you're already doing another animation - you draw your gun faster.

4 hours ago, liq said:

The new rules state that you must roleplay taking your gun out before hopping out of a vehicle, right?

If I'm in a gang and I see the opps driving around, am I allowed to have a /me ready and hop out the car?

If I'm a cop and I get out and then pull the gun out, the anims have played out, do I still need to write a /me?

Are we allowed to have a /me ready? Whether it'd be copy and paste or whatever. I've seen people do it before and they weren't punished, to the point that this is really the standard. It's not like having a /me ready gives you some sort of aimbot.

In the case of having a /me ready. Yeah, I'd say it's okay as long as it's not a copy pasted macro, as we don't support this through other rules. But you can also have done some RP in the case of having your gun on your lap, holding it by your side, etc. Obviously follow through with the RP if someone would see the gun and whatnot.

In the scenario of a cop, it's the same as if you're a civillian. If the anim played out and you're out, so the drawing animation comes into play - no, you don't need to write a /me. That's the same as not needing to RP for handguns.

Having copy pasted /me's and macros etc is generally something we punish for and can be reported if a pattern is noticed or we got evidence of such, yes.

4 hours ago, Stepzo said:

It makes no sense to drive up to someone then hop out the car and stand there staring at them while you're writing for 30 seconds. You completely lose the element of surprise.

You can draw the gun without RP as long as the animation plays. Don't overlap it with the car exit.

2 hours ago, Murat said:

Admins will tells us that anything you have script wise is on your person, you must rp it. So why is the script being neglected in this particular instance? If I RP my pistol out in the car and on my lap, why do I need to further RP bouncing out with it? Do I rp /me gets out of my car everytime I park up? No I don't. 

If it's in your lap you don't have to RP pulling it out again, but RP accordingly that it is in your lap.

EDIT: I'll try to clarify this in the rule itself.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Shanks unlocked this topic
33 minutes ago, Shanks said:

You can draw the gun without RP as long as the animation plays. Don't overlap it with the car exit.

If it's in your lap you don't have to RP pulling it out again, but RP accordingly that it is in your lap.

Does this also apply to bigger guns, such as SMG's and Rifles? 

3 minutes ago, Murat said:

so after rping it on my lap, say i get pulled over and i want to shoot, do i have to say /me bounces out with the pistol, even though i've rped it being on my lap before? 

Your original thought should not be to go out and shoot unless you got very valid reason to, but no you don't have to RP it if it's already out.

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, Murat said:

so after rping it on my lap, say i get pulled over and i want to shoot, do i have to say /me bounces out with the pistol, even though i've rped it being on my lap before? 

Probably should just take screenshots if that ever does happen to avoid a forum report too 😛