Clarify new rule regarding weapon scrolling

liq

This is about the: "This also goes for immediately scrolling your weapon after exiting a vehicle, effectively avoiding the animation in the same way. This will require roleplay in the same way as it would within the vehicle." addition to rules.

Credits entirely to @frost.for the question. This affects both legal and illegal role-players and we've been told that immediately scrolling your gun upon exiting isn't a thing even if the anims do play out. I'll post questions below.

The new rules state that you must roleplay taking your gun out before hopping out of a vehicle, right?

If I'm in a gang and I see the opps driving around, am I allowed to have a /me ready and hop out the car?

If I'm a cop and I get out and then pull the gun out, the anims have played out, do I still need to write a /me?

Are we allowed to have a /me ready? Whether it'd be copy and paste or whatever. I've seen people do it before and they weren't punished, to the point that this is really the standard. It's not like having a /me ready gives you some sort of aimbot.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 30

Ah yes, I did post this in the IFM discord...

I don't see why having a /me ready is punishable, I or others are not going to drive up to the people we're going to shoot and type a 30 second long /me in their faces while being masked.

That would be quite silly, we'd get shot straight away, right? People do this with large weapons, they have a /me ready.

Some admins let it happen, some admins don't. I personally see nothing wrong with having a /me ready, people do it all the time, there's nothing wrong with it.

This question also links back to a topic I will not mention for my own safety, perhaps a lead admin or management can shine some light on this matter. 🙂

• Upvote 10

It makes no sense to drive up to someone then hop out the car and stand there staring at them while you're writing for 30 seconds. You completely lose the element of surprise.

Someone was ajailed for copying and pasting a /me because they didn't want to stand there writing. Sometimes I wonder who writes these rules.

Edited by Stepzo
  • Upvote 5

i get why you should promote roleplay over script action but sometimes less RP is more fair for all players during said script action.

if I want to gun you down on foot, face to face, I won't distract you with a long /me of pulling my gun out and aiming at you, because you might get shot to death when you are busy 'reading' the emote I wrote—finding it hard to focus on both that and my character physically doing the action. so, I will simply "scroll" my gun with no RP, you will see my character draw and aim it at you physically with a huge ass 'ame' warning over my head—and you can react to it by drawing your gun and dying to me in a gunfight, or getting shot to death while running away from me. idc.

last I checked—that 'ame' still appears over the shooter's head when you hop out of the car so it shouldn't be necessary to write a novel before shooting. it puts the shooter at a disadvantage, you allow the target to just scroll without RP and gun you down. or you put the target in disadvantage, keeping their eyes busy with reading your long ass (mostly copy pasted) emote as you gun them down in script.

it should be okay to just do an emote where you RP "/me removes a handgun from the waistline, having it prepared on the lap", just drive there, step out and shoot. 

it's different when u shoot from the car ofc, sometimes the script breaks and u can't even hear gunshots, in which case it should be mandatory to emote it out without copy pasting.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Lexy said:

i get why you should promote roleplay over script action but sometimes less RP is more fair for all players during said script action.

if I want to gun you down on foot, face to face, I won't distract you with a long /me of pulling my gun out and aiming at you, because you might get shot to death when you are busy 'reading' the emote I wrote—finding it hard to focus on both that and my character physically doing the action. so, I will simply "scroll" my gun with no RP, you will see my character draw and aim it at you physically with a huge ass 'ame' warning over my head—and you can react to it by drawing your gun and dying to me in a gunfight, or getting shot to death while running away from me. idc.

last I checked—that 'ame' still appears over the shooter's head when you hop out of the car so it shouldn't be necessary to write a novel before shooting. it puts the shooter at a disadvantage, you allow the target to just scroll without RP and gun you down. or you put the target in disadvantage, keeping their eyes busy with reading your long ass (mostly copy pasted) emote as you gun them down in script.

it should be okay to just do an emote where you RP "/me removes a handgun from the waistline, having it prepared on the lap", just drive there, step out and shoot. 

it's different when u shoot from the car ofc, sometimes the script breaks and u can't even hear gunshots, in which case it should be mandatory to emote it out without copy pasting.

i tested 'ame' overhead when u exit the vehicle, it unfortunately doesn't show anymore. it used to. that's bad. 

still, it's pretty stupid to drive in front of a target and ONLY then waste time on whipping ur gun out. it should be ok to have it prepared with an emote.

Edited by Lexy

The rules make no sense. You can't even copy and paste a /me line, so that means a roleplayer with extreme dyslexia will need to power through a /me line in order to get out of a car and shoot somebody. This is bs lmaooo.

Admins will tells us that anything you have script wise is on your person, you must rp it. So why is the script being neglected in this particular instance? If I RP my pistol out in the car and on my lap, why do I need to further RP bouncing out with it? Do I rp /me gets out of my car everytime I park up? No I don't. 

People need to wake up and see that this is used to suppress roleplayers and give power to others, shit's a joke. Please remove this rule. 

• Upvote 5

From now on every shooting will have two players standing 20 feet from each other, they will type their respective /me's and then roll 1-100 to see what happens. 0-25 roll gets you an epic fail and you shoot yourself, 25-50 gets you a leg shot. 50-75 gets you a abdomen shot and 75-100 gets you killed by the police since they don't have to roleplay.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

From now on every shooting will have two players standing 20 feet from each other, they will type their respective /me's and then roll 1-100 to see what happens. 0-25 roll gets you an epic fail and you shoot yourself, 25-50 gets you a leg shot. 50-75 gets you a abdomen shot and 75-100 gets you killed by the police since they don't have to roleplay.

No no no, this is GTA RP, not DND... Lmao

On-topic though, +1 to not needing to type a /me for a scripted AME action.