Furniture Grouping: Mapping Feature Suggestion

Detailed Description: I apologize if this has been looked into or suggested before, though I did not find any mention or thread under this name/similar names. 

But the idea for this suggestion is for mappers that create unique items that aren't a 'full item' (like using flashlights, walls, etc.) to create a simple-looking bath, a sideways door with light handles/that modern black glossy table for a countertop; I'd be looking to 'group' these items, so they combine into one item that is saved/able to be moved around or duplicated/sold as one item. I came across this idea in an FFXIV mod that has this kind of function, and it makes things a lot nicer!

I was thinking the way it could function (I have no idea how coding works or anything technical) is that you'd use /groupfurn, and then click and drag as if you're selecting something (with a box)--whatever touches the boundary of the box is selected with blue (or any color) highlight, and pressing enter groups the items. After that, you could 'name' the group with a pop-up, like "Modern Bath 1". The custom groups in the /furniture menu could be colored green, noting that it is a grouped item. 

Relevant Commands/Items
- /gfurn or /groupfurniture or something similar. 

- Maybe a /ungfurn or similar for an 'ungroup' version of the selector.

How will it benefit the server?

Overall, if this is possible, I think it would be a welcome addition to the mapping system currently. It takes a long time to pull apart a map when custom items are used to create things, and sometimes you aren't sure what items are used to make certain furniture pieces if you have a custom interior by another mapper. The white boxes around furniture when selecting things were an absolute -godsend-, but I think this kind of feature would be something that mappers could utilize for faster mapping or even adjusting certain maps. 

Again, I'm sorry if there is a technological hurdle or if this might be too difficult to implement for some reason. 

Edited by PoisonedPaint
  • PoisonedPaint changed the title to Furniture Grouping: Mapping Feature Suggestion