gameplay is fun and diverse, devs nailed the castle, surrounding buildings and general ambience around the valleys.

on the flip, the optimization around the castle seems poor with my specs of 3080 10GB, Ryzen 7 5800X. 32gb ram 🤨
raytracing ain't even an option, turn it off and save your FPS 
upscaler is likely needed, especially if you're native is 1440/1080, to save more FPS
1080p/60fps with a Nvidia 1080 TI is surely a myth

🪄

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Peat said:

gameplay is fun and diverse, devs nailed the castle, surrounding buildings and general ambience around the valleys.

on the flip, the optimization around the castle seems poor with my specs of 3080 10GB, Ryzen 7 5800X. 32gb ram 🤨
raytracing ain't even an option, turn it off and save your FPS 
upscaler is likely needed, especially if you're native is 1440/1080, to save more FPS
1080p/60fps with a Nvidia 1080 TI is surely a myth

🪄

How is it in an open world aspect compared to Skyrim ?

12 hours ago, Narco said:

Plenty to do outside of the main storyline. The past few hours of gameplay I've just found myself lost doing  the random side missions and various completionist tasks whilst flying to a main story quest.

In terms of actually traversing the open world it's easy enough on foot for short journeys around the castle and it's grounds. Flight is a must though as the map does seem a bit large to travel solely on foot.

Also worth noting that FPS drops are not common if at all for me when travelling the open world outside the castle. Mostly the castle causes that and I'm assuming it is the lighting and NPCs, as the castle is dense with stunning lighting and NPCs that bring life to the world. (With raytracing off the FPS around castle can easily hold 60+ FPS)

There is also the fact the castle seems to render in chunks, once you reach a door to another section there is a couple seconds wait time. By no means a terrible thing it likely saves your PC from certain death.

Edited by Peat
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
18 hours ago, Narco said:

You're probably setting yourself up for disappointment if you compare this game to Skyrim. Skyrim has one of the strongest worlds, with people having a house and daily schedule. To my knowledge this game doesn't really do that.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

You're probably setting yourself up for disappointment if you compare this game to Skyrim. Skyrim has one of the strongest worlds, with people having a house and daily schedule. To my knowledge this game doesn't really do that.

Yeah I’ve been watching videos and I think I’ll wait until it’s on sale. Definitely was comparing the two.

14 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Yeah been hearing it has PC issues from other sources too, so I'm going to hold off on buying it until the PC issues are fixed. I hear it's still a solid game tho

Worth to buy ngl, they need to fix it ASAP otherwise I can only watch stream on YouTube