Redesign the UCP Property Requests, it's bad

Summary of the suggestion

After a genuinely frustrating experience with the design of your /property-requests/request I cannot help but make a suggestion for you to change or fix it. Specifically the Shop Menu requests is the worst culprit I've personally dealt with but it's programming is genuinely frustrating to use.

Distinguishing the issue

To understand my issue with your design we need to identify one so there's no confusion. There are two types of input boxes that your requests use for the modal of requests. The first type allows for all formatting and looks like this, the second allows limited formatting and looks like this.

From now on I will refer to this box as "the better input" and this one as "the worse input"

The actual issue

For some reason throughout your requests web-design instead of using the better input for all of your requests you use a mix of two, one of which allows complete freedom with formatting and the other allows for practically none. The issue is that the worse input is terrible and is a literal nightmare to use. It is commonly only used as Additional Notes so it's somewhat barable but for some reason for certain requests like Shop Menu Requests you've decided to use it as both additional notes and the main input box.

The reason this is an issue:

• It breaks paragraphs, literally. If you try to put paragraphs it'll just break it all down into one big chunk of text. Why...?
  • It's "Preview" is terrible and isn't synonymous of that word at all because when you actually post your request is completely different to the preview
  • The "Preview" stage of the entire request is botched too, it shows you what looks like a reasonably formatted request only to then completely wreck all your formatting when you post it
  • It's not even a rich text-editor
  • Using "Full Screen Mode" for some reason just goes all white and looks terrible

Suggested Fix

Just remove the worse input box and only use the better one throughout your requests. This is an easy solution to solve this silly issue.

But in the Deomstation it doesn't look too bad?

Yes, because in my brief example I use a total of five lines. Actual applications can be hundreds of lines and it's genuinely frustrating. I spent ages outlining an application only to be able to find out after its posted that the formatting was all for nothing, it was completely trashed and the worst thing is you can't see this until it's actually posted.

I've never had this issue

Some people may have avoided this issue entirely because they've never made a Shop Menu Request or simply didn't format their stuff and left it as a big block of text but undoubtibly, if you've used this worse input box or made a Shop Menu Request then you've experienced it. If you tried to make paragraphs, etc - it just doesn't allow them. It's so insanely silly. The preview button doesn't preview anything.

Demonstation of the issue

This is what I typed into the worse input box

Spoiler

2ec04ae0d4807aa61fc34fabd741735c.png

This is the preview

Spoiler

97f78c2950bd24789b192ed35ce95e9e.png

This is the preview stage of the application

Spoiler

7a2da4eb552fc6316c917dd854975acf.png

This is the actual application

Spoiler

325e661578715ce666212c3f14bffa09.png

Edited by KaythPlus
  • Applaud 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Senior Management

Hello,

Next time when submitting a suggestion please use a more appropriate topic title & body rather than "Redesign the UCP Property Requests, it's bad", your frustration/anger because of some formatting issues doesn't help much, something like "Issues with inputs in UCP property requests" "Issues with the form in UCP property requests" would make much more sense.

We will look into the issues you mentioned here.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1