DISARM SECURITY GUARDS

Do you think security guards /really/ need guns?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Gorman380 said:

+1 

security guards don't carry guns in real life.

In the state of California, you can get a regular guard card after about eight hours of training, but you need about forty hours of training by the state agency to officially become one. You also need additional training to even possess a firearm as a security guard. Armed security exists at various banks, venues, stores, even fast food restaurants. I personally have a certification, but that's not my current job. I guess it all depends on the demographics of the area as well. There is a McDonalds about three streets away from a police station that uses two armed security guards in my city. 

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

Hence the total irrelevance

I don't think you understand.

Regular civillians can't get concealed weapon permits in Canada, you can't even transport it with ammunition and weapon in the same area. They both need to be locked and kept separate. 

The fact that they allow Guard companies to openly carry in a country where no one has guns on their persons and allows them to carry on the hip disproves the point of security guards not needing it in a server over fluctuated with weapons.

Skill issue. 

• Upvote 1