A section for people looking for specific RP/Story development ideas.

It'd be nice to have a way for roleplayers to search among other roleplayers who are seeking a roleplaying partner to collaborate on developing a mutual story together through the forums. I understand that this can already be done in multiple other ways but having a section in the forums exclusively dedicated for players to advertise and find potential RP partners would honestly motivate a lot of people to join the server since they would have the chance to really find other players who might have the same interests and therefore creating a more diverse circle of RP groups and partners to play with.

Yes, it's always fun to just jump straight into the game with your character and then socialize with people or join one of the factions available to connect with others. But I feel like roleplayers should have the chance to find other partners who might want to develop a story that's not connected to one of the official factions/groups.

For example if somebody wanted to RP an specific character with a niché or specific story development or idea, it would be awesome for that person to be able to find other players with similar interests through forum threads. A forum section that allows people to connect with eachother's RP ideas would be fantastic and it'd be motivating for those players that are still really passionate about RP but are unable to meet RP partners for specific ideas and story-development that many people would love to have with others.

(Speaking from experience; I've had fantastic RP moments with people who by chance were interested in the same things that I am; but I really wish I could just make a post where I could describe and advertise what I'd love to RP with other people and find compatible RP partners for it without having to find other ways where I'd have to constantly be on the lookout for other RP partners.)

Those opportunities and experiences where I've found players with the same interests as me had been great; but when the RP ends or things happen (which is normal, of course) finding more people like that is a little bit difficult because there's not really a way that I can oficially advertise for what I'd love to roleplay in the server as far as my characters' stories go.

I also really think it would attract a wave of new players if the forum had a section where people can advertise what they're looking for and have the opportunity to make threads to look for specific RP ideas that they'd like to develop in-game with other players.

Maybe I can only dream about this feature, I understand that the server has functioned perfectly fine for a few years now, and not many people probably care about having a section like that, but I think it's okay to give it a shot and post this because it would be absolutely lovely.

Edited by ChrisWolf
  • Upvote 14
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cartoonhead said:

I already +1'd this the other 50 times this was suggested so sure +1

I wonder why it hasn't been considered when it's been suggested that much. So many players including OG's and new ones would absolutely adore being able to find others with similar interests for what they want to develop in the server and form rp partners who will surely motivate them to play more since not everybody wants to start solo.

It would also bring a new wave of people who will find it easier to blend with the community as a whole too.

It's an essential part of most roleplaying communities to have a section for people who look for specific roleplay ideas with other people. ☹️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Similarly to the suggestion that was posted about having a place for people to brainstorm faction ideas, I think this would be a fantastic addition too. Having a place where people can throw their ideas around that would need more than one person would be really nice to have. Not everyone has someone they know who would want to do a specific role play with them etc, having the option for players to find other players who might like their idea can only be a good thing. I don’t see any downsides this, +1.

• Selena locked this topic