Require all non-staff to post their evidence in a complaint rather than be allowed to privately PM it to an admin

Oh, it could be metagamed? Damn, if only there was a rule against it.

Faction chat shouldn't contain sensitive information and you cannot think that it's okay to accuse the other party privately  and let that discussion weight on their pending judgement.

I do not wish to incite any sort of conflict but a certain category of players are requesting preferential treatment.

Unless it contains actual personal information or confidential staff-related info it shouldn't be a form of secret evidence. 

Don't share your personal shit or have it in screenshots lmao.

If you're not confident enough in your evidence and you'd rather have it discussed privately with an admin it could mean that your reporting grounds are flawed in the first place.

Edited by munnezza
  • Applaud 1
18 hours ago, Acid said:

I am neutral.  It's not really that much of a big deal. If someone reports me, I usually know which scene they are addressing. I for sure know what I did there.

So, I am on both sides of the fence.

This... I can see the concerns on both sides. How can one defend themselves if one can not see the evidence that is being presented? Makes it kind of hard to do. On the other hand, I can see why people want to keep some things private. Sadly, when you post something and maybe whoever you are reporting or honestly anything you post, some people get really toxic.  Not to mention that people with use that for MG. Yes, it's against the rules, but it happens. 

With that being said, I could see how this is a good debate. I will remain neutral as I understand both sides! 

The fact that we have “private” evidence on public player report is wild to me.

I thought we had a specific place for private creep reports - harassment reports.

Everything else should be either public, or private among those involved in the report. 
This mix and match system we have now is kinda lame, chief.

trust me. No one really cares about your “spicy” rp moments that just happen to be caught in that screenshot.

none of yall are that interesting anyway

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, munnezza said:

Oh, it could be metagamed? Damn, if only there was a rule against it.

Not really a solution. There are rules for all sorts of things on the server. But... People still break them daily.

Besides, metagaming is complicated. We can't read each other's thoughts. Unless the MGing is super obvious, it's often very difficult to prove someone was MGing. Like as an example, imagine you make a report on someone and your apartment address is in the evidence. Then a week later, someone uses that evidence to MG your apartment which contains a drug stash. How do you prove that person was MGing? You can't. I mean, you can claim it was suspicious, but no admin is going to ban someone just because they're suspected of doing something. In my opinion, I think MGing is by far the most difficult rulebreak to prove in a report.

If MGing is so difficult to prove, the best way to stop MGing is to not let it happen in the first place. Now imagine if that report I mentioned in the previous example, you sent your evidence to an admin privately. Your address is private and therefore, no one can metagame your apartment. No MGing happens as a result. The best way to prevent metagaming is to not let it happen in the first place.

And that's why I personally think people should be allowed to send evidence in private.

I'm on the side of wanting all evidence to be public because you know, fair and square. But I've been a victim of witch hunting and the admin that handled it just brushed it off (which I believe they were a new admin so they might miss one or two rules). So.... I don't know which one is better lol.

Nope, there are many valid reasons why players might want to retain development critical information; who's behind a plot to kill someone, other long-term plans etc. Though if anyone ever sent me circumstantial evidence that wasn't important to any development I asked them to post it in the report. If it's not of the utmost importance, it didn't belong in my inbox. My inbox filling up with nitpicky screenshots was one of my pet peeves. Players deserve to know who's accusing them of what and to explain any accusations against them, even if it's full of BS.

Nope. It has become too risky to report a player for rulebreaks because someone could analyze closely your own evidence, find a rulebreak and report you instead even though they were not involved. Happens frequently lately and it's demotivating/discouraging which doesn't help the situation.

It should be OK if the player sends the evidence privately and post it publicly if admin says so.

Edited by thekillergreece
  • Upvote 1