Require all non-staff to post their evidence in a complaint rather than be allowed to privately PM it to an admin

19 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

PMs, Faction chat, Faction radios - Both of the latter are usually outlined as cannot be leaked by most Official Legal factions.

Not sure why that rule exists. Should obviously not count if you’re responding to a forum complaint. That practice is what continues to divide the community. One side has to post evidence in the complaint while the other side can keep their evidence secretive. Faction radio, chat and PMs are not sensitive materials. 

Edited by jromjeksin

I think the rule on 'sensitive info' is a little too strict and a lot of things could be posted publicly that aren't.

With that said, there are a lot of cases where it simply isn't realistic to post evidence publicly. For example, if someone reports a detective's ongoing investigation, putting that information out there publicly would completely ruin said investigation, even if it was deemed the detective did nothing wrong.

As a member of a Detective Bureau, if I have to upload a clip, I feel like people on the report are going to metagame it, so to cite an example,
"Hey I'm checking out so on so's house."
"10-4"

Now people seeing that thread will go "Oh, I have ### watching my house."

11 hours ago, Acid said:

I am neutral.  It's not really that much of a big deal. If someone reports me, I usually know which scene they are addressing. I for sure know what I did there.

So, I am on both sides of the fence.

But have you been screwed and called and liar when you know your not lying but it doesn't matter because private DMS have been sent, you'd throw yourself over that fence head first.