Require all non-staff to post their evidence in a complaint rather than be allowed to privately PM it to an admin

Some evidence might have sensitive information that could be metagamed is why it’s often asked to be sent privately. If evidence is sent to admins and they’re clearly doing something wrong in said evidence that would typically be addressed in the report anyway. So I have to disagree.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, slump said:

Some evidence might have sensitive information that could be metagamed is why it’s often asked to be sent privately. If evidence is sent to admins and they’re clearly doing something wrong in said evidence that would typically be addressed in the report anyway. So I have to disagree.

There can be information in any form of evidence submitted that could be metagamed on any side. For illegal roleplayers, it could be video of a stash house, for cops it can be a video of a helicopter following someone in a pursuit. Regardless, no script feature or faction chats are sensitive, no if ands or buts. The only thing that should be sensitive on this server are features and information ONLY available to staff. No single side should be given any form of courtesy when having to submit evidence for a complaint where they can privately message it to the handling admin. Plenty of people have things they don't want everyone else to know about, and they don't have this same luxury cops do when it comes down to posting videos on a complaint.

Edited by jromjeksin

Sorry but I disagree, I have reported people privately in the past when it hasn't warranted a big public report.

Transparency is important, to a degree, but the reports section has a habit of breeding passive toxicity. 

Some reports require a private discussion when it comes to more sensitive reports.

The reported party can still respond to a report to the admins directly.

Not all "dirty laundry" needs airing to the wider public community.

Then theres metagame issues with certain video or screenshot evidence.

tldr: No, Don't change what doesn't need fixing.

Edited by Cindy
2 hours ago, Levitate said:

No. As slump said, sensitive info or includes DMs I would prefer not everyone to know about it. Some things are to be private. 

out of sheer curiosity, what could be in a non staff members pms etc that could contain “sensitive info”.

8 minutes ago, Levitate said:

PMs 

Don't think that's sensitive. If you are posting or responding to a forum complaint regarding something that happened INGAME, you should be required to post the video in the complaint and not send it to an admin through PM. Nothing you are doing as a regular player contains sensitive information. If you are not staff, you have zero reason not to post evidence on a complaint.

Edited by jromjeksin
  • Applaud 1