Require all non-staff to post their evidence in a complaint rather than be allowed to privately PM it to an admin

On 2/4/2023 at 9:23 PM, thekillergreece said:

Nope. It has become too risky to report a player for rulebreaks because someone could analyze closely your own evidence, find a rulebreak and report you instead even though they were not involved. Happens frequently lately and it's demotivating/discouraging which doesn't help the situation.

It should be OK if the player sends the evidence privately and post it publicly if admin says so.

XDDD

"i dont want to post the evidence because me and/or other players on my side also broke rules" smh. Sounds like Saul Goodman.

On 1/25/2023 at 7:16 PM, MarcoEL said:

Support

On 1/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, MarcoEL said:

Nah.

Most sane gta w player 

But all jokes aside, when I was still staff, other staff members and I included didn't really take in any private messages as "extra" evidence.
Sometimes people provided muted videos, and we used to ask for audio ones, most of the time people are literally mouth breathing or making monkey noises as they RP, so I'd see why wouldn't want other people to hear that LOL. That's honestly the only time I remember taking in any private "information".

Don't think staff members are that gullible and would take in private information to actually sway a report in favor.
Not from what I've seen and experienced from being a staff member, reporty and reported individual. 

I don't want the whole community to see the cute messages my e-girlfriend sends me through PM's in game all the time.

In all seriousness, feels like a double edged sword because private evidence can change the narrative of a situation significantly and the reported or reporting party should be able to see this evidence in order to provide a retort. Taking this away from someone seems unfair to me, just because you have a green name tag doesn't mean you're more intelligent or observant. The people involved in the report know what to look for because they were part of the situation.

On the other hand people metagame, so I suggest simply allowing private evidence but the reported or reporting party should be given the evidence. It'll be easy to find out if they MG after/during the report and you can simply give them a much harsher punishment than most people who commit metagame would get for abusing the trust of staff and other players. 

• 1 month later...

+1

private evidence is for nerds and needs to not be allowed, the lack of transparency with how stubborn admins can be is ridiculous. provides an unfair advantage if the other side can't examine the evidence. worked for judicial systems and still does

evidence is sometimes leaked anyway among close group of friends so while you may think X or Y admin is the only one who sees that piece of evidence I am certain other people in private dms have seen it as well.

random pepega evidence on straight forward reports are usually very public. it becomes tricky when the evidence includes a lot of sensitive information that it's best sent in private rather than put in public for anyone to see. this is usually happening on large reports such as faction ones or on a large group of players. or it includes a detailed plan of action (ic) that is best kept in private to avoid metagaming  and bullshit revenge drama stories. 

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Detective Bureau chats/cases are incredibly sensitive. Absolutely not.

But... no one discuses sensitive information on f chat or on the radio...

I understand why some people might not want to send certain things, but you can easily just blur out your erp chat messages/texts and send the admin an unedited copy if he really wants it.

12 hours ago, stringer said:

But... no one discuses sensitive information on f chat or on the radio...

I understand why some people might not want to send certain things, but you can easily just blur out your erp chat messages/texts and send the admin an unedited copy if he really wants it.

/f dude at 12 we're arresting the whole zinbabwean mafia and take their stash

• 1 month later...