Change headshot rules to not include bleeding out

31 minutes ago, Helm said:

So it doesn't make sense for someone to get hit in the head per the script damages, walk around fine for minutes, and then all of a sudden drop dead and have to roleplay a hole through their head simply because the rules say so. 

I'm glad someone understood I feel like people are misunderstanding that I want head wounds to not be insta death anymore. No.

Just not 1 head wound + bleeding.

20 hours ago, Helm said:

+1. 

Cranial intrusion is pretty much an instant KO, and likely death, no matter if it's a bullet or an ice pick. So it doesn't make sense for someone to get hit in the head per the script damages, walk around fine for minutes, and then all of a sudden drop dead and have to roleplay a hole through their head simply because the rules say so. 

My only concern would be people starting to lie about whether or not they were downed by the bleeding mechanic, or properly downed by headshots / other wounds. I think, at the very least, bleeding damages should show up in /damages so we can have some clue. 

Bleeding doesn't show up in /damages so if the math doesn't add up it was probably blood loss

• 4 weeks later...

I think the better way to deal with this problem would be to make it so that if you are shot in the head and not downed by that shot, bleeding isn't applied. Arms, torso and legs would obviously remain the same but I do agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense for someone to be standing, speaking and roleplaying the graze only to collapse and be dead moments later.

I certainly don't think making it so headshots are an instant kill will do the server any good, people should be looking to create stories rather than aiming for headshots for those guaranteed PKs.

57 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I think the better way to deal with this problem would be to make it so that if you are shot in the head and not downed by that shot, bleeding isn't applied. Arms, torso and legs would obviously remain the same but I do agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense for someone to be standing, speaking and roleplaying the graze only to collapse and be dead moments later.

I certainly don't think making it so headshots are an instant kill will do the server any good, people should be looking to create stories rather than aiming for headshots for those guaranteed PKs.

But that still leaves a headshot + toe shot to bleed you out and now you're dead.

The headshot rule is whatever, it just shouldn t apply to deaths from bleeding.

The primary problem in my personal assessment is that if you have any degree of skill with shooter games, you're hitting headshots all the time. At least in my personal case (not trying to flex or anything), I aim straight for the head instinctively and hit head shots more often than not. It's a lot harder to hit someone in the head IRL from long distance with a small arm. At the end of the day though this suggestion really comes down to the "take the L" argument. Just PK out of it. I think if the situation is pushing toward a CK that you should be able to more carefully determine the location of the headshot.

Grazes DO happen, there's plenty of evidence to support this. Also, even if it's not a graze but isn't a straight up dead center head shot, you might make it with some permanent life changes.

My final thoughts: If you're looking at 2 or more headshots and it's a PK situation, take the L. If it's a single headshot and you're up for a CK, you should be able to argue this a bit.

Lots of factors must go into the consideration regarding a possible graze. For example, if someone has you proned out and just walks up and shoots you in the head, you can rest assured that their intent was an execution. If you got hit from two blocks away with a 9mm, they were probably firing haphazardly. This is of course not to say that you can't eat a nasty fatal headshot from distance, but that the bullseye shot is not likely.

• 1 month later...