(IRS) Internal Revenue Services Faction

Narco

Would actually like to see to stop gun/drug suppliers from having a money faucet that goes directly into their bank account with minimal consequence. Part of having a successful illegal cash only business is storing/laundering the money. Could lead to some interesting roleplay. Would probably get pegged as another "tHiS dEsTrOyS iLlEgAl Rp" concept and cried into oblivion.

It's one of those things where people say "Oh yeah we want to be investigated." until they are. And then it's not fair anymore.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Invictus said:

3. IRS or any federal faction (even local ones that arent federal such as DA's Investigative Unit, Highway Patrol, Corrections and Rehabiliations, DMV etc.) will never be approved and accepted no matter how many topics are created stating why it'd be benefic for the server and how many amazing roleplay scenarios might come out of it. You wanna know why? Because those in charge are stuck in 2015 where the only factions that should exist on a server is PD, SD, Gangs, MCs and LCN and anything else would "damage" it. I remember an overhaul of the penal code system that never seen the light of day. I remember RICO being actually something solid that was quickly shut down and forgotten about. unless the mindset of the people running the show will change and they'll accept to give trial runs on faction projects we'll never see interesting factions around. In a nutshell you are told NO but you aren't told why you are told NO. Oh... you will be told "BECAUSE I SAID SO, MY WORD IS FINAL" and you sit there like... ok???

I feel you 100% and that's why I was told from word to mouth that it was going to be a state agency and Nervous had already said it was a plan to create although the script wasn't ready at the time so I do have high hopes that this will be possible eventually. But yeah I've heard a lot of cases detectives built basically completely diminished for the tiniest reasons that make 0 sense so I 100% see where you're coming from. 

zRjudvZ.png

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Invictus said:

4. i find it funny how active were detectives 2-3 years ago but nowadays it feels like they don't even exist anymore. ain't it amazing when you work months on a case just to be told NO SHUT IT in the end for no reason? I'm not saying it's always the case and there have been successful cases but I can put my hand on fire that in most cases it didn't end well. i mean, someone did mention above that they tried investigating financial issues and was told to calm down cause it ain't happening.

Hit me in the feels right here after doing nothing but OCVD on GTA:W, 8 hours a day sitting in a bush doing surveillance for nothing for months, got me crying.

2 hours ago, Invictus said:

3. IRS or any federal faction (even local ones that arent federal such as DA's Investigative Unit, Highway Patrol, Corrections and Rehabiliations, DMV etc.) will never be approved and accepted no matter how many topics are created stating why it'd be benefic for the server and how many amazing roleplay scenarios might come out of it. You wanna know why? Because those in charge are stuck in 2015 where the only factions that should exist on a server is PD, SD, Gangs, MCs and LCN and anything else would "damage" it. I remember an overhaul of the penal code system that never seen the light of day. I remember RICO being actually something solid that was quickly shut down and forgotten about. unless the mindset of the people running the show will change and they'll accept to give trial runs on faction projects we'll never see interesting factions around. In a nutshell you are told NO but you aren't told why you are told NO. Oh... you will be told "BECAUSE I SAID SO, MY WORD IS FINAL" and you sit there like... ok???

Pre-2015, I played a server on SAMP that had an FBI and DEA faction. Pretty successful server, and pretty successful factions.

The biggest problem I think with an IRS faction is just the simple fact that money as a concept on the server is very OOC oriented.

I mean... Think about how many players don't RP their money as actual IC wealth, some people roleplay being rich but having no money and others roleplay being poor but having millions. Would it be fair to highly tax a player who has 2.8 million in their bank, but roleplays poverty? or vice versa? And think about the other stuff, like mapping costs. A lot of mappers on the server make millions from OOC'ly mapping interiors (unless they're IC'ly an interior designer, which is a very very small minority of mappers), is that money considered taxable money? What if you map an apartment, get paid 600k, and suddenly the IC IRS faction is after you because they see you've got 600k out of nowhere? How do you deal with that on an IC level?

25 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

The biggest problem I think with an IRS faction is just the simple fact that money as a concept on the server is very OOC oriented.

I mean... Think about how many players don't RP their money as actual IC wealth, some people roleplay being rich but having no money and others roleplay being poor but having millions. Would it be fair to highly tax a player who has 2.8 million in their bank, but roleplays poverty? or vice versa? And think about the other stuff, like mapping costs. A lot of mappers on the server make millions from OOC'ly mapping interiors (unless they're IC'ly an interior designer, which is a very very small minority of mappers), is that money considered taxable money? What if you map an apartment, get paid 600k, and suddenly the IC IRS faction is after you because they see you've got 600k out of nowhere? How do you deal with that on an IC level?

So what the IRS would look for on an IC level is not accumulated wealth in general over time. But large payments in and out of individual bank accounts, things that would in theory be beyond a character's means. For instance, an 18 year old kid depositing 80,000 a week into his bank account in addition to the script paycheck. Or large consistent withdrawals as well. It would almost have to specifically exclude property purchase and vehicle purchase to some extent unless it was just very skewed.

One thing that could be done to also extend this would be the addition of business accounts for business owners, where the money from openings/profits could be stored. It would encourage characters that are interior designers to actually RP being interior designers and not someone who just slams a bunch of props down and calls it an interior job for the monetary gain to facilitate them also being a model/mechanic/club owner/trucker. It would help alleviate some of the flagging that would come from large deposits. I'm decently sure that when you buy furniture, it shows that you purchased furniture through the bank system. Script jobs would have to facilitate this sort of thing as well so when the truck grinds out his 3rd million, it shows that it's all from legal source. 

It opens up avenues of money laundering businesses and characters as well which encourages creativity in beating a system with a specific set of rules.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Sunni said:

I mean, that would literally be the only way an IRS-like faction would work, not sure what you're trying to say. If you were to implement it, it would only work if money was completely IC, and money can only be completely IC if such drastic measures are taken. At the moment IC currency doesn't mean much - or anything, for that matter.

I think it'd be based on deposits rather than assets that were carried over prior to the implementation of an IRS. For example, depositing $40,000 in one sitting, as a mere minimum-wage employee, may raise eyes and lead to investigations, rather than witnessing someone having 5 million dollars in their account. This would allow players to keep their assets while also implementing a system that investigates suspicious banking transactions.

• Upvote 1

I feel like it has to be more focused on character portrayal and how much money is going in and out of a bank account instead of how much  would be in their bank account due to the bank money pretty much being an OOC asset and only supporting RP in a way. ( Having over a million dollars but not RPing that they have that amount.)

Ex. Someone that withdraws a large amount of cash but has no legitimate business to cover it up or an occupation that doesn’t add up. Probably buying a really expensive vehicle or a property somewhere really nice with no background on where the money was from.

But at the same time, it could affect people that are interior decorators unless there’s some IC form they have to fill out on the business forum to be listed as self-employment with further OOC proof that they are decorators. 

Edited by PrinceCane
9 hours ago, DLimit said:

I think it'd be based on deposits rather than assets that were carried over prior to the implementation of an IRS. For example, depositing $40,000 in one sitting, as a mere minimum-wage employee, may raise eyes and lead to investigations, rather than witnessing someone having 5 million dollars in their account. This would allow players to keep their assets while also implementing a system that investigates suspicious banking transactions.

One thing I would note with this, and, touching on what I mentioned earlier that of *all the federal organizations which partake in this monitoring*, IRS is by far the hardest to understand. Not only are the other organizations simpler to understand (meaning more people can portray it accurately rather than it just existing in name to look cool- very distinct from 1-1 realism), they also allow a much wider range of activities that can provide internal roleplay and externally to other parties (including those targeted by them).

Simply being a minimum wage employee and depositing 40k, with no other indicators, would not lead to an investigation.

The IRS is also split, most of them are not LE. The ones that are LE, are doing very different things, they're not sitting there just blanket monitoring finances, the non-LE people do that and it gets sent to the LE side to act on.

1 hour ago, Midwest said:

One thing I would note with this, and, touching on what I mentioned earlier that of *all the federal organizations which partake in this monitoring*, IRS is by far the hardest to understand. Not only are the other organizations simpler to understand (meaning more people can portray it accurately rather than it just existing in name to look cool- very distinct from 1-1 realism), they also allow a much wider range of activities that can provide internal roleplay and externally to other parties (including those targeted by them).

Simply being a minimum wage employee and depositing 40k, with no other indicators, would not lead to an investigation.

The IRS is also split, most of them are not LE. The ones that are LE, are doing very different things, they're not sitting there just blanket monitoring finances, the non-LE people do that and it gets sent to the LE side to act on.

"Simply being a minimum wage employee and depositing 40k, with no other indicators, would not lead to an investigation."

I've had my money put on hold, for investigation,  for simply depositing $2,000, back when I had zero income. It raises suspicion when you're depositing amounts that don't add up with your income. That's the indicator, is it not? The idea that your income does not match with what is being deposited within the bank account? If a man is earning $12,000 a day, then would it not be suspicious if they were depositing $40,000 on the daily? If not, then what are the other indicators?