How do you see GTA:W other communities taking player mappings and using them as server highlights.

God1va

I think the interiors mapped by the players themselves are the fruits of their own labour, if you take the mapping of the GTA:W mapping team as a highlight, I have nothing against it, but you take the fruits of the labour of the GTAW players as a highlight, I am very much against it.

I don't see an issue with it. There's merit to your argument but in the end, players just want to know they'll have interiors to RP in - most people don't care who made what interior, how long it took and how it was made. Having some cool mapping is definitely a highlight. If they give credits too, even better.

• Upvote 2

If someone wants to use the great kebab shop thar I mapped on GTA World France or GTAW Russia or w/e then I don't have a problem with it. Although it's taken a long time to make you don't /own/ your mapping. It's very generous that we're able to download the XML files as it is. 

Edited by Late
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Late said:

If someone wants to use the great kebab shop thar I mapped on GTA World France or GTAW Russia or w/e then I don't have a problem with it. Although it's taken a long time to make you don't /own/ your mapping. It's very generous that we're able to download the XML files as it is. 

I'm very much of a similar opinion as Late here. We should take pride in the fact that mapping created by us gets used by the server team, who at the end of the day makes it possible for us at all.

I could agree that we should be better to attribute credit to those who create the interiors, and I would love to see that being something going forward. I know Nervous and many of the other admins already put effort into making sure to thank specific mappers or developers for their work, and it could work similarly when mapping is taken from clubs and interiors.

I would be right there with you if they just decided to grab the best interiors on a server, and made them avaiable to request for others' interiors on the same server, but that is seemingly not what is happening,

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
7 hours ago, Varyegar said:

I'm very much of a similar opinion as Late here. We should take pride in the fact that mapping created by us gets used by the server team, who at the end of the day makes it possible for us at all.

I could agree that we should be better to attribute credit to those who create the interiors, and I would love to see that being something going forward. I know Nervous and many of the other admins already put effort into making sure to thank specific mappers or developers for their work, and it could work similarly when mapping is taken from clubs and interiors.

I would be right there with you if they just decided to grab the best interiors on a server, and made them avaiable to request for others' interiors on the same server, but that is seemingly not what is happening,

I would be proud if my mapping was used by others, it is a recognition of my mapping, but it would be nice if they would ask the mapping player before using it, after all not all players are willing to share their mapping.

• Upvote 1

GTA World could grant certain interior designs official status for the properties and implement those in the other branches of the community. It would help out greatly in those communities by jump-starting roleplay to a certain degree. From what I've seen, that official status is sort of already happening in the UK version. You can observe that in interior change requests. Blank designs offered for some addresses so that people can actually use them for immersion.

You could also credit the mapper in those official interiors, which could be a token in the community. Your map making the official, then into other servers, getting world-wide attention. Honestly, that sounds kinda sweet.

• Upvote 2

Imo its a video game, yeah a lot of work go into stuff but at the end of the day people are actually fans of your work whether they give you credit or not therefore I'd personally take pride with one of my creations being used by someone else on another server. Let's be realistic, no rp server on RAGE is going to come close to GTA:W or the player base with the amount of work done and the time building the community therefore anything. Of course it's unfortunate that people aren't giving you credit for your work, but definitely take pride, you've got fans. 

• Upvote 1