Make a change to LEO factions.

Anthony Adams

6 hours ago, Ryoichi said:

Also, there is this thing called chain of command. You are sending a message to the undersheriff instead of the next rank in line. The undersheriff may be one of the faction leaders, but every part of leading the faction has been delegated to different people. The chain of command is highly valued for many reasons. 

I understand the concept of the chain of command. I explained in the video that I tried going through the chain of command by filing an appeal the first time I applied. That same appeal was reviewed by the same person who interviewed me which is unfair so I decided that filing an appeal won’t even do anything, which is the reason I tried PM’ing the Assistant Sheriff. 

We came to that conclusion within Training Bureau Command; appeals aren't only handled by individual persons: we respond and act as an entity. Whoever it specifically is that actually sends you your reply isn't actually important. I was told that barely one hour had passed since you'd sent your appeal to the Assistant Sheriff before you made that video. 

It is understandable that you are frustrated and I assume this thread is the product of that, but this isn't necessarily a great display of conduct that would put you in a good light for when we open again in two weeks. A lot of effort and thought had been put into your situation and extensive feedback was offered, not only by us in SD, but even the community just now, yet it seems you're not really interested?

I can only restate what I mentioned in my previous reply by saying that it really just didn't work out this time. The interview felt superficial, there was very little research done into your character's military background, and the rundown of this thread sadly can't give off a great impression. Whatever happens or whatever you do next is, of course, up to you.

Hi there,

I'm the Assistant Sheriff you've sent a private message to. I understand your frustration, but you recorded your original take 15 minutes after sending me this PM. Just because I read it and did not reply within that timeframe doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, but when you're alleging bias and unfairness- it takes a bit to look into and make sure I have the facts straight. I agree we're playing a roleplaying video game, which is why unfairness of any kind isn't tolerated in our recruitment process, though we do maintain a high standard as a faction and while it may be demotivating to be on the opposite end of a decision, I assure you it's all in good faith. 

If you'd like to reach me more directly, I invite you to shoot me a message on Discord at timid#0001. Otherwise, I will continue to review your PM. 

Thanks. 

• Phased locked this topic