Vehicle and property Descriptions/Attributes.

milk

On 12/28/2018 at 5:59 AM, Smilesville said:

This came up from Ethanol with regards to being able to set your name as a masked individual - that "it would be used for trolling, therefore we should not allow it on the server."

We can't allow a few immature individuals to keep us from features that would be otherwise extremely beneficial to the server. Wouldn't it be great for a car thief to leave behind evidence of their crime, for instance? Or a vandal to throw up a description of a broken window? I'm all for allowing anyone to add to a vehicle or property description, with three caveats:

1. Only the author of a comment can remove it, with the exception of the owner of the vehicle, who can remove anything.
  2. Roleplaying a description created by someone other than the owner is optional.
  3. Administrators can see who added which part of a description.

Let the rules take care of people who abuse the system; let's not allow fear of trolling to be why we can't have nice things. If you're terribly concerned about what someone might add to a vehicle or property description, create some rules governing it (and fix the rest of them, while you're at it.)

This, completely.

I really dislike the idea of idiot-proofing the server just to avoid "possible abuse" when the resulting 'protections' in place keep genuinely useful features from players. The idea of making admins able to see who posted what is good enough to minimise the would-be idiots that would try to abuse it, in my opinion.