Homelessnessness

LookAtMyRight

The reason why I brought this up is because I've seen good homeless roleplayer that aren't just there to troll. Their character got a deeper background story and felt realistic, though they're not appreciated. Playing a homeless character won't give you money/progress in this server as it is just pure Roleplay. Be honest and have any of you seen anyone NOT owning a vehicle in this server? starter player, sure. But in the end, they'd just grind to get vehicles and I don't blame them. Playing in this server without any sort of transportation is absolutely time consuming and boring at times. And whenever you see someone approaching you, they're probably mugging you.

My experience with the homeless community is that half the time they're trolls to the point it's not interesting and/or makes you want to pull your hair when you start to roleplay with them. But the other time they'd find creative ways to engage with the general public without being a troll and actually make a chain of interesting roleplays.

It's true that we have a homeless shelter in the server and then there was that rehab center which could be used for the junkie type of homeless people. But where is it now? whenever I went past it there's just no one around. I guess I kinda understand because this kind of roleplay would only target one quarter of the server population. Though in my mind maybe gathering that one quarter of population to a spot where everyone in the server can just come to find people roleplaying would be the solution to keeping the server alive with more type of roleplay than just crime and ERP. Like long ago when we used to go to Mirror Park parking lot to find people RPing, cause the whole server know that there are usually people hanging around in that place.

I guess I want to ask you guys these questions. Appreciate all the feedback! (hoping for you to give any kind of feed back even if it's short and unpopular)

Main Question:

What are the Homeless roleplayer community hoping to see (more) on the server?

Secondary Question:

What makes interacting with the Homeless community less interesting to you

Edited by LookAtMyRight
1 hour ago, LookAtMyRight said:

Be honest and have any of you seen anyone NOT owning a vehicle in this server? starter player, sure. But in the end, they'd just grind to get vehicles and I don't blame them. Playing in this server without any sort of transportation is absolutely time consuming and boring at times. And whenever you see someone approaching you, they're probably mugging you.

Being poor and not owning a vehicle isn't good roleplay. Having the assets you do/do not have make sense to your potrayal, backstory and character is good roleplay. To look at a players assets or lack of and make a judgement without knowing their portrayal or backstory is just being bias against their choice of community to roleplay in (illegal, rich, etc).

Roleplay doesn't come for nothing, you can never expect someone to simply be interested in a character because they're homeless or rich or a criminal. Homeless or not, you need a solid character and interesting roleplay and to make an effort — then they'll come. It's more difficult when you're homeless but that's just because of how homelessness works ingame and out, if you choose to have a character in a limiting niche you can't then question why everyone not in that niche is not interested in the character. Roleplay speaks for itself.

Edited by KaythPlus
5 hours ago, KaythPlus said:

Being poor and not owning a vehicle isn't good roleplay. Having the assets you do/do not have make sense to your potrayal, backstory and character is good roleplay. To look at a players assets or lack of and make a judgement without knowing their portrayal or backstory is just being bias against their choice of community to roleplay in (illegal, rich, etc).

Roleplay doesn't come for nothing, you can never expect someone to simply be interested in a character because they're homeless or rich or a criminal. Homeless or not, you need a solid character and interesting roleplay and to make an effort — then they'll come. It's more difficult when you're homeless but that's just because of how homelessness works ingame and out, if you choose to have a character in a limiting niche you can't then question why everyone not in that niche is not interested in the character. Roleplay speaks for itself.

that wasn't the point of the part that u quoted, but yeah sure appreciate the feedback!

GTA RP has always been cops and robbers, more or less. Until server gets a proper public transportation system and working shelters (at least), there’s no point to roleplay homeless. Asking for money next to open businesses and doing drugs under the highway will get boring eventually. Plus, it comes down to economy, where the coffee might cost you $1000, and you’re trying to stick to realism. 
P.S. I don’t know why you’re surprised there’s barely any homeless characters. RP servers were created, so people can roleplay something they can’t be in real life. Why would you want to spend your time roleplaying homeless and search for opportunities to rp with people, when you can become a cop or a criminal and get into action? 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

We all want to see more regular characters around to make the environment more immersive and realistic, but the problem is that no one wants to do it. Why? Because it's boring and not rewarding. Even those who do take it seriously and start such characters end up quitting sooner rather than later. How many years-long homeless, 24/7 attendant, bus driver, food truck vendor characters have you seen? A few, maybe. Most last a few weeks, some last a few months. But the reason is the same.

There's little role-play to be done as a homeless character. All of the interactions are extremely predictable - you'll beg for money, have some one-time 5-minute interactions with a few strangers, get robbed or beaten up, have 2-3 people come into your life to help you out of your misery. You can't really go look for role-play - you can't have a place, a car, a job - which is where you find most role-play. It's just not viable.

• Upvote 3

To all the people role-playing homeless, big ups! There's probably not much of a 'end-game' I presume, but we're all so entertained by your characters whenever paths cross. 
They're much different from all the NPC's I come across IG and you offer a different type of interaction many aren't able to give. I remember a vast amount of homeless characters, but unfortunately I only have screenshot of only one of them. That's a moment that stands out, unlike many experiences I've had on this server because eventually... they're all the same if you're a cop or a criminal and been doing it long enough. I realise that most people doing homeless RP isn't exactly doing it for our sake, but more of their own entertainment - but still I'd like to thank you - I hope to see solutions to your issues and become an overall better experience for you.

Spoiler

bbpGJNO.png

As someone who had a homeless character for an extended period of time. It's fun RP and I wouldn't say it's not appreciated. I personally had a lot of fun doing it and had memorable and unique interactions almost every single day. I know some people quickly get bored of homeless RP so it's definitely not for everyone.

Would be nice to have a homeless shelter on the server, but I wouldn't want it to be done by management or the admins. Any player is allowed to request a property through UCP if they wish to make a homeless shelter and I am sure Property Management is going to support the idea if anyone wants to do that.

One strange thing that most homeless characters encounter are the wealthy characters who meet your character for the first time and instantly offer them bunch of money, a place to stay and work. I know these players have good intentions but please don't do it, it's very unrealistic 😂

11 hours ago, LookAtMyRight said:

The reason why I brought this up is because I've seen good homeless roleplayer that aren't just there to troll. Their character got a deeper background story and felt realistic, though they're not appreciated. Playing a homeless character won't give you money/progress in this server as it is just pure Roleplay. Be honest and have any of you seen anyone NOT owning a vehicle in this server? starter player, sure. But in the end, they'd just grind to get vehicles and I don't blame them. Playing in this server without any sort of transportation is absolutely time consuming and boring at times. And whenever you see someone approaching you, they're probably mugging you.

My experience with the homeless community is that half the time they're trolls to the point it's not interesting and/or makes you want to pull your hair when you start to roleplay with them. But the other time they'd find creative ways to engage with the general public without being a troll and actually make a chain of interesting roleplays.

It's true that we have a homeless shelter in the server and then there was that rehab center which could be used for the junkie type of homeless people. But where is it now? whenever I went past it there's just no one around. I guess I kinda understand because this kind of roleplay would only target one quarter of the server population. Though in my mind maybe gathering that one quarter of population to a spot where everyone in the server can just come to find people roleplaying would be the solution to keeping the server alive with more type of roleplay than just crime and ERP. Like long ago when we used to go to Mirror Park parking lot to find people RPing, cause the whole server know that there are usually people hanging around in that place.

I guess I want to ask you guys these questions. Appreciate all the feedback! (hoping for you to give any kind of feed back even if it's short and unpopular)

Main Question:

What are the Homeless roleplayer community hoping to see (more) on the server?

Secondary Question:

What makes interacting with the Homeless community less interesting to you

Ever thought about making a homeless unofficial faction? Doesn't have to be a literal organization IC, but more so like a community thread. Not unlike how in the past people made unofficial groups out of Paleto Bay + Sandy Shores to represent those communities on the forums and discord. However I did see a literal homeless faction attempted on LC https://forum-lc.gta.world/topic/82519-cult-45/ . 

The advantage of making a faction is pretty obvious. You'd have the ability to somewhat coordinate ooc and people interested in that kind of RP will know where to go / apply. Additionally it may help in filtering out the trolls from the people who are actually rping this kind of concept properly.

Edited by SpicyBandito
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, SpicyBandito said:

Ever thought about making a homeless unofficial faction? Doesn't have to be a literal organization IC, but more so like a community thread. Not unlike how in the past people made unofficial groups out of Paleto Bay + Sandy Shores to represent those communities on the forums and discord. However I did see a literal homeless faction attempted on LC https://forum-lc.gta.world/topic/82519-cult-45/ . 

The advantage of making a faction is pretty obvious. You'd have the ability to somewhat coordinate ooc and people interested in that kind of RP will know where to go / apply. Additionally it may help in filtering out the trolls from the people who are actually rping this kind of concept properly.

LC faction members were provoking random people, especially in the areas you’d think twice before acting like that. Even though Puck was cooperative and we talked to him about it, he couldn’t control what his members do behind the scenes. So if someone wants to create this sort of “faction”, members’ behavior should be monitored.

2 minutes ago, Dreams & Nightmares said:

LC faction members were provoking random people, especially in the areas you’d think twice before acting like that. Even though Puck was cooperative and we talked to him about it, he couldn’t control what his members do behind the scenes. So if someone wants to create this sort of “faction”, members’ behavior should be monitored.

I wasn't aware of that. But yeah it seems like most things it'll have to be tightly regulated by IFM / staff, if people really want to go down that route. I do see the potential for people to go full gmod and form angry mobs of homeless people, now that I think about it.

Edited by SpicyBandito