Bring back LSFD to /onduty

tomatoz

I think readding it would still be better. It leads to many occasions where you're expecting the Fire Department yet hear no chirp solely because none are online. The idea that "online members = calls should be responded to" is, in my opinion at least, not so ludicrous. Filtering actual field units that are available would be great if possible.

I don't think it should be a thing. FD members at one point were being harassed because they couldn't attend every 911 call. Maybe making it avaliable to just LEO could be a move in the right direction. All i could see happening when someone sees no FD online is skipping rp.

No, I don't think that it should be brought back. It was removed for a lot of shit toxicity against LSFD. PMs like "FD is never on-duty" or "get someone on duty" and stuff like that used to be a terrible experience for faction members. I'd say: Make a call for FD and give them something like 5 minutes to respond.

Edited by Gigabyte

Happy for it to say something like FD are online for Government departments only so they know they aren't radioing to no one, but It shouldn't have numbers. And it should be understood that this doesn't mean we can handle calls. We have so many different positions for different calls (Lifeguards, Firefighters, EMS only) that it could show 10 people on but we are all lifeguards and don't do structure fires, or 10 firefighters on but there's an ocean rescue that they can't do.

I got so tired of the constant PMs having a go at us for not responding to a certain call when we were all at a big scene or doing trainings.  We already get slated enough as it is, all this will do is cause more issues.

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

The on duty metric for LSFD can be misleading as it counted Civilian Staff, staff that are unavailable or doing training academies, if there's a way to 'fix' that sure. 

Then ask LFM to give you the generic factionduty for those members to use, it has /uniform but without the emergency side of things.

19 minutes ago, FatCatTuxedo said:

Then ask LFM to give you the generic factionduty for those members to use, it has /uniform but without the emergency side of things.

Some civillian staff are emergency staff too just on PA duty. We shouldn't need this, have something that says FD are available by all means, but numbers don't help. The faction just gets solid abuse and therefore it was deemed necessary to be removed.

This is one of those situations where something that is at most mild convenient for the general public has proven to be utterly disastrous for an entire faction. This matter has been debated several times with previous faction members, some of which belonging to staff, confirming that the sheer level of abuse stemmed from those that believed they were entitled to have their calls answered because of a bland number.

Many other legal factions do not have numbers available, which one could argue that would also be mild convenient for the general public but also negative for the faction itself. Going back to the issue at hand, in order to properly portray accurate numbers you would need to cut out certain ranks and only count personnel on available status. All this because of a command, which isn't essential in any manner.

• Upvote 1

This is not coming back unless developers will find a way for us to be able to dynamically decide which ranks show on duty for FD and which not. 

This is like what? The 7th topic about it so far? Through all of those our request deemed impossible. 

Locked.

• Upvote 1