Modify Rule 9 to include suicide as disgusting RP.

we can't rp the ukraine war or covid lol 'its an 18+ game' but we can't trust our players to have good reasoning to kill people, or to not take people 4 hours into the desert for a phone. we certainly can't trust them to rp these sensitive topics, which is *why they are banned* 

suiciderp is never done for anything but attention. it speaks volumes that a good amount of crisis negotiation scenes end by the woman threatening to jump getting a female cop's number 

nobody likes these scenes, and all it does is trivialise people's experiences/struggles. yawn. 

it's an 18+ game, but we ban plenty of stuff. dumb argument. 18+ game, we're not playing Gta 5 singleplayer however. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Levitate said:

This is enough for everyone. It's a 18+ related game. Forgive me but in a game where blood, nudity and murder occurs, you now tell me you get offended by this. Simple, don't get involved AT ALL. IT'S YOUR CHOICE. 

I agree only with this part of the suggestion. 

nudity occurs when players consent. murder is trivialised because it happens 30 times a day. 'dont get involved' how do u do that when it comes to u 💀

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, MarcoEL said:

It's a 18+ game, even the actual GTAV Story mode contains suicide and even cannibalism.

If you can't handle it, don't play.

They are not saying suicide rp should be ban, or people shouldn't talk about suicide in game.

People are specifically talking about scrolling down FB full of inane messages and big titted menyoo girls over their ooc cup coffee at work, just to read a lengthy post about suicide, finding it unpleasant and jarring. They were not prepared for it and had only opted in for butt pictures and unimportant drama.

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 1

insane how i could stick a remington into a 15 year old character's mouth and blow their skull into the wind because gang violence and that's perfectly fine, but someone posting on facebrowser about wanting to jump off a building is disgusting roleplay

makes sense

• Upvote 11
Just now, Natala said:

Nobody is saying suicide rp should be ban, or people shouldn't talk about suicide in game. People are specifically talking about scrolling down FB full of inane messages and big titted menyoo girls over their ooc cup coffee at work, just to read a lengthy post about suicide is jarring. They were not prepared for it and had only opted in for butt pictures.

Facebrowser shouldn't exist at the first place, cringe and unnecessary to be honest. All the bullshit are in FB, No FB = QoL

• Upvote 3

boy do i have to tell you what else is in the game but isn't on the server

suicide "roleplayers" are extremely cringe, uninformed and, i'm gonna say it — stupid. you pull in a different amount of people (yes, some have to be there due to them being in X or Y faction such as PD, SD, FD or whatever). and waste their time because you (the player, really) want attention. during my time here, not a single suicide "roleplay" scene was good, engaging, interesting, or even valid for the most part, and i've seen some ridiculous shit going on such as people watching a jumper while holding hands.

yes, it happens in real life.

no, it's not good roleplay.

if you want to send your character to the no-return zone, here's a solution that's not nearly as cringe and tedious

db318a2f46f61709b14c58cdf7c0d551.png

i've had people (pd/sd) who attended these god-awful "roleplay" scenes with me pming me asking me if they'd get in trouble if they left because it's uncomfortable for them. please ban this stupid cringe

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 2

I have never come across a situation where a "suicide"-related roleplay situation was the case of anything other than an inset character or poor, insensitive development and actions (prime examples being """IC breakups""" or OOC frustration e.g. "bad day at school").

Suicide roleplay is either used as an inconsiderate and illogical way to put an end to, often times, equally poorly (if even at all) thought-out characters; or simply serves as a means to gain some kind of attention from the fact or idea that people are forced to play around a character.

In the former case, an obvious fallacy is the fact that the best psychologists and negotiators couldn't talk one of those alleged "troubled" characters out of their decision to commit suicide, as this decision is entirely built upon an OOC motivation. It is absolutely lame and a waste of time. Click here to go to the UCP and just namechange.

I do not believe that giving the OOC player of Crystal Ruby (a non-existent, hypothetical entity for this example) an opportunity to mistake an IC commotion for their character as OOC adoration or interest, is a good idea.

• Upvote 5
16 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

boy do i have to tell you what else is in the game but isn't on the server

suicide "roleplayers" are extremely cringe, uninformed and, i'm gonna say it — stupid. you pull in a different amount of people (yes, some have to be there due to them being in X or Y faction such as PD, SD, FD or whatever). and waste their time because you (the player, really) want attention. during my time here, not a single suicide "roleplay" scene was good, engaging, interesting, or even valid for the most part, and i've seen some ridiculous shit going on such as people watching a jumper while holding hands.

yes, it happens in real life.

no, it's not good roleplay.

if you want to send your character to the no-return zone, here's a solution that's not nearly as cringe and tedious

db318a2f46f61709b14c58cdf7c0d551.png

i've had people (pd/sd) who attended these god-awful "roleplay" scenes with me pming me asking me if they'd get in trouble if they left because it's uncomfortable for them. please ban this stupid cringe

Great solution, pay real money to change your character's name, no. Just delete the character, it's FREE...

• Upvote 1