Modify Rule 9 to include suicide as disgusting RP.

Modifying rule nine to include suicide should be implemented due to the sheer amount of suicide RP that seemingly exists on this server. When I had first joined ULSA years ago, we had such a bad problem with suicide that the faction itself had to ban even the discussion of it because people were roleplaying it like it was Degrassi High, while I've noticed a decline in my years playing here. I am frankly sick and fucking tired of seeing Suicide RP broadcasted like we're in a movie and I guarantee there's not a single roleplayer, besides the people who do this shit that find this acceptable.

I have stopped using platforms like Facebrowser because of it, I am tired of people using Facebrowser as a platform to write bullshit "woe is me" posts pretending to be their character's parents and trying to desensitize a very serious issue among teenagers and young adults today.

I think Suicide is an offensive role-play and posting about it on facebrowser is subjecting everyone to possible triggers, panic attacks and putting their thought process in a disgusting place if they have trauma surrounding it and while I could forum report every person who does it (And I would be glad to). I would rather see this rule amended so that I don't have to see this disgusting, awful avenue that some people think is good portrayal.

I am fine with people killing their characters, I don't care if your character wants to commit suicide but setting up an entire dragged out depress-fest on Facebrowser just shouldn't be a fucking thing. If you have solid roleplay behind it, sure - go for it. But don't make it theatrical, don't publicize and broadcast it. People don't want to see that shit.

• Upvote 31
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, moulton said:

I am fine with people killing their characters, I don't care if your character wants to commit suicide but setting up an entire dragged out depress-fest on Facebrowser just shouldn't be a fucking thing. If you have solid roleplay behind it, sure - go for it. But don't make it theatrical, don't publicize and broadcast it. People don't want to see that shit.

This is how it should be done. It adds nothing of value to anyone’s rp to make attention seeking posts on Face Browser from the perspective of a character’s parent, and arguably it’s metagaming and powergaming to some degree. If people want to self-CK then just do it without a lengthy post about how the character battled with depression all their life. It’s cringe, treads on the line of being a rule breaking, and also offensive. +1 on this

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, moulton said:

I think Suicide is an offensive role-play and posting about it on facebrowser is subjecting everyone to possible triggers, panic attacks and putting their thought process in a disgusting place if they have trauma surrounding it

This is the most important thing to take from your post. People play this game and server to escape the realities of their lives, and often times that could certainly be due to issues with mental health. Players should not find themselves stumbling across such role-play, particularly if it may trigger them. Bearing witness to suicide is incredibly traumatic, and I can imagine witnessing it having been in a difficult place in the past is equally traumatic.

I agree that the rules should be looked into and suicide role-play be incorporated into the offensive role-play rules in some way.

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1
On 1/12/2023 at 12:23 PM, moulton said:

Edited by Levitate
  • Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, moulton said:

rayal.

Personally, I agree. In 2020/2021 I was in LSFD and there was a HUGE issue of suicidal calls on the daily just because people wanted IC attention. Not because they actually planned to CK their character. I remember being on a scene at ULSA for two hours because a girl was roleplaying claiming to be autistic and refusing any form of talking to - No one wanted to roleplay with her further from my understanding because of how it went. They ended up CKing a couple of days later out of no where despite being spoken to by my character and a dozen others, it puts a negative impact on other characters and by extension, people OOC. People don't come on GTAWorld to remember if they're struggling Mental Health wise, they come on here to forget the crap they probably have going on in their personal lives.

Edited by Jorgensen
  • Upvote 4

Speaking from a personal opinion, 

This is very much needed, Covid-19 has been banned from being mentioned and erased from the lore for the sake of escaping the reality that impacts people, it only makes sense for topics such as suicide, if not banned for the sake of freedom, to at least be restricted behind the rule of Offensive RolePlay. 

If people agree to see, take part in it? Sure. Seeing this happily broadcasted live like it's not a big deal? Meh.

19 minutes ago, Levitate said:

This is enough for everyone. It's a 18+ related game. Forgive me but in a game where blood, nudity and murder occurs, you now tell me you get offended by this. Simple, don't get involved AT ALL. IT'S YOUR CHOICE. 

I agree only with this part of the suggestion. 

There's a difference between knowing it happens and being confronted to it when you do not expect/want it. 

Let's say you're friends with someone on FaceBrowser, which is a social network, which primary purpose is to share a character's life moments, and that friend suddenly decides to go on an attention-seeking suicide rant, threatening to end their life, you did not chose to get confronted to this, yet it still is happening, and can still create real problems because of a virtual life. 

A balance needs to be maintained between realism and fun, as much as suicide is a thing and is realistic, it is only fair that one can play a game without reminders of a possible traumatic event one might have experienced in real life as a witness or even thought about, without being comfortable with being involved, yet it appears on your flow, leaving you no choice.

• Upvote 6
53 minutes ago, Levitate said:

This is enough for everyone. It's a 18+ related game. Forgive me but in a game where blood, nudity and murder occurs, you now tell me you get offended by this. Simple, don't get involved AT ALL. IT'S YOUR CHOICE. 

I agree only with this part of the suggestion. 

idek what to say to this, crazy

• Upvote 1