When are Staff Reports and Faction Reports going to be made public? It's about time

pateuvasiliu

I'm sure I don't speak for myself alone when I say that trust in the 'system' and Admins is pretty low right now. Illegals are complaining, LEOs are complaining.

My last 2 Staff Reports have been a complete joke where the 'team' that handled it basically said the Admin did nothing wrong and that was that, red tape all over. Where's the transparency? It's incredibly easy to make reports private and then cover for a Staff member or a Faction that did something wrong. To my knowledge, there is no recourse once a Staff Report is rejected, even if it's something serious that in my opinion should go all the way to the top. 

Why is a player's dirty laundry aired for the forum to see but Admins and Factions are given special treatment? It's incredibly easy for Staff to take biased/unfair decisions when they don't need to publically respond to them and the Staff Reports are quietly swept under the rug.

I've been told that the Staff team is NOT taking action on Staff Reports because they don't want new Staff to leave. I also heard that there's been Staff Reports up for 9 months, which is utterly unacceptable. What gives?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 7

Why would anyone but you and the staff management involved (admin side or support side) need to see the staff report on the staff member? You are given transparency on the outcome of the report, are you not? Given if that's in the public eye or not, I don't think that would make a difference at all, and seeing how administrators are already getting disrespected left and right - making staff reports visible to everyone when it's truly not needed, is not something I would support.

As for permissions with player reports, it's hard to make it so ONLY the players who are reported get to see it and whatnot, it would be a true mess as some reports have 3+ witnesses and 4+ reported parties - if that makes sense. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Kweng said:

staff reports are barely responded to and if they are it takes around a quarter of a year for a response 👎 been hearing a lot about it and it needs to stop being ignored

Admin side of SM understands this to be an issue as it's understaffed in the subteam. They are currently recruiting to get more help on their side to reduce the time it takes to respond/research/conclude staff reports.

5 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Why would anyone but you and the staff management involved (admin side or support side) need to see the staff report on the staff member?

For the same reason that player reports are public? If anything it's Staff Reports that should be public and Player Reports private, since the Staff have far more power than Players and are here, at the end of the day, for the players.

If a Staff Member makes biased/corrupted decisions it should 100% be public for all to see.

• Upvote 3

I don’t trust those reports to be handled correctly in secret..gives me that uncomfortable feeling of how many people have gotten cut loose shit that was definitely wrong and how many reports have been entirely ghosted? Faction reports should be left private and only for IFM to see bevause that’s their thing and faction reports are a bigger deal, everything with them gets released in the end cause said faction gets shut down or striked and if people see a faction report on them they will start reporting or attacking the people reporting them, an admin can’t do that without being banned or demoted.

make them (staff reports) public, the untrustworthy feeling didn’t appear over night, you wanna get on the good side of the community? Be more open and less secretive with us .

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1

Given all the stuff I've head, they should 100% be public so admins can be held accountable for their actions. This would open the door for people to use them as caselaws in their own reports!

I can see it now... Your honour, Nervous. I'd like to point you towards "Wuhtah v The People"...

While we're at it make ban appeals public too so we can see what shitty things people do to get bannd and we can read the sob stories! I remember getting a bucket of popcorn and going through the LS-RP Ban Appeals on a Sunday night reading a sob story about how someones brother actually manipulated them into Mass DMing.

Great fun

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

For the same reason that player reports are public? If anything it's Staff Reports that should be public and Player Reports private, since the Staff have far more power than Players and are here, at the end of the day, for the players.

If a Staff Member makes biased/corrupted decisions it should 100% be public for all to see.

Player reports are made public because doing it through forum DMs would be an absolute nightmare. It would get lost, players can kick us out of the DMs which will make it harder to find them again through forum developer work, etc. Player reports are also public from what I said above - the permissions would be an absolute killer.

If a staff member makes a bias/corrupt decision, it IS public on the forum report itself. That's why a staff report is made and it gets handled from there. 

1 minute ago, ZaE said:

I don’t trust those reports to be handled correctly in secret..gives me that uncomfortable feeling of how many people have gotten cut loose shit that was definitely wrong and how many reports have been entirely ghosted?

make them public 

THIS I do understand. However, how would you know if a staff member got staff reported or not if it wasn't you doing it or if it wasn't a friend of yours? And it's not necessarily in secret as the staff management lets you know the outcome of the report once it's all done. 

However, I do understand your POV of 'how many people have gotten cut loose for shit that was definitely wrong'. I'm unsure of how we can compromise with this though. How many reports have been entirely ghosted is something that everyone will wonder as well, even staff members. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, but it would also be helpful to know if it was concluded or whatnot. 

Would there be a compromise on this? What if SM says 'Staff report being done on this report'. for a forum report if anything, and once concluded, can perhaps say the conclusion of: 'SM favors player.' or 'SM favors admin' - MAYBE giving the reason but not necessarily if any punishments were involved?

I'm not too sure how we can meet in the middle here. 

1 minute ago, sparkz said:

Given all the stuff I've head, they should 100% be public so admins can be held accountable for their actions. This would open the door for people to use them as caselaws in their own reports!

I can see it now... Your honour, Nervous. I'd like to point you towards "Wuhtah v The People"...

While we're at it make ban appeals public too so we can see what shitty things people do to get bannd and we can read the sob stories! I remember getting a bucket of popcorn and going through the LS-RP Ban Appeals on a Sunday night reading a sob story about how someones brother actually manipulated them into Mass DMing.

Great fun

This is why I am against it, which I believe you were being sarcastic and funny - which some parts were (sorry if you were being serious!). 

If an administrator genuinely messes up, I am afraid that the players will hold that against the administrator, whether it was not a corrupting decision or not. We do genuinely make mistakes - all the time in all honesty as we're human. This is where the toxicity would come up even more. "I don't want Wuhtah to handle my report as there was a staff report against them last week and she handled the report badly and gave the wrong punishments out before." 

That makes the admin feel like absolute trash - coming from me. I don't think I have ever been biased or corruptful (to my knowledge, I know others will have opinions) - but seeing that would demotivate me pretty quickly as well and make it so I don't pick up as many reports.

So again, is there a compromise?

2 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

If an administrator genuinely messes up, I am afraid that the players will hold that against the administrator,

So regular players can be put on blast but when it comes to staff that have been taught every rule and is trained to handle these situations, it is to be kept secret? Makes sense.

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic