How do YOU feel about Baseball roleplay being introduced to GTAW - A university experience

TacticalDR3AD

On 12/22/2022 at 12:27 PM, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

I talked to the people at ULSA about it. They were all for it. The problem is, nobody on the server especially in the faction seemed interested in being a baseball player because they don't know how the game works.

Well that's what coaches are for.. Just need one good coach to get people excited to learn about the sport and show them the way. Idk anything about baseball but I would 100 percent make a character just to play for the team tbh.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, any new and unique roleplay is welcome and should be encouraged, but on the other hand, I doubt a lot of people would dedicate their characters to this. Basebally would be almost impossible to roleplay, as there are a lot of variables involved - did the pitcher throw it right? Where exactly in the square? Did the hitter hit it? If so, how hard, in what direction - was there wind? If the hit was good, where did the ball go? Was anyone under the ball or around it at the right time? If so, did they catch it? It would be very confusing for everyone involved. On top of that, baseball is not that popular in American colleges. Even in real life it's pretty boring. Even lacrosse is more popular. Football is, though - not sure if you guys do that already at ULSA. 

I feel like it's similar for most sports, though. However, the best thing about college sports are not the actual sports, but the whole environment and vibe. What would be pretty cool is to just have these teams (whichever have more interest from faction members) and have them role-play all of the other aspects of college sports - get-togethers, training etc. The games could just be scheduled and put into an online generator to get a score, and then roleplay off of that?

It would be interesting to bring this type of roleplay around! +1 on the idea, I think its great and an additional rp avenue for people to go down.

Having been a part of ULSA sports teams, I would strongly encourage to NPC as little of it as possible. There would be times where no training was held, but yet there we games run through a simulator. And I know, I know we can't possibly roleplay every aspect of it, but roleplaying what its like to be a part of a TEAM, roleplaying the social side of it as well, would be awesome.

On 1/2/2023 at 3:45 AM, RSanders said:

Yall remember the soccer\football script

It's there; however, it is full of bugs with a known ball sync issue to it. They need to fix it first before they do a script like baseball.

Edited by Dama
On 1/1/2023 at 11:17 PM, Sheggy said:

Well that's what coaches are for.. Just need one good coach to get people excited to learn about the sport and show them the way. Idk anything about baseball but I would 100 percent make a character just to play for the team tbh.

Yeah, I have a few people who are interested. Just need a few more heads involved with it.

On 1/2/2023 at 10:13 AM, Sunni said:

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, any new and unique roleplay is welcome and should be encouraged, but on the other hand, I doubt a lot of people would dedicate their characters to this. Basebally would be almost impossible to roleplay, as there are a lot of variables involved - did the pitcher throw it right? Where exactly in the square? Did the hitter hit it? If so, how hard, in what direction - was there wind? If the hit was good, where did the ball go? Was anyone under the ball or around it at the right time? If so, did they catch it? It would be very confusing for everyone involved. On top of that, baseball is not that popular in American colleges. Even in real life it's pretty boring. Even lacrosse is more popular. Football is, though - not sure if you guys do that already at ULSA. 

I feel like it's similar for most sports, though. However, the best thing about college sports are not the actual sports, but the whole environment and vibe. What would be pretty cool is to just have these teams (whichever have more interest from faction members) and have them role-play all of the other aspects of college sports - get-togethers, training etc. The games could just be scheduled and put into an online generator to get a score, and then roleplay off of that?

Hey, I fully understand the concern here. Infact, we shared similar concerns to this matter. However, we plan on developing or reworking a system that will be compatible and take into consideration all variables mentioned here and more. We just need hands on deck.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:32 PM, ToastyG said:

It would be interesting to bring this type of roleplay around! +1 on the idea, I think its great and an additional rp avenue for people to go down.

Having been a part of ULSA sports teams, I would strongly encourage to NPC as little of it as possible. There would be times where no training was held, but yet there we games run through a simulator. And I know, I know we can't possibly roleplay every aspect of it, but roleplaying what its like to be a part of a TEAM, roleplaying the social side of it as well, would be awesome.

Yeah exactly. I'd hate to start this team just to make it NPC based. Otherwise I consider it a waste of character slots. I plan on doing so much for this team. I just need hands on deck here.