Poll  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description:

• Ability to go into cruise control/auto drive. 
  • A lot like auto-pilot

Detailed description:

• Essentially when you press a certain button, the car maintains drive at the current speed without having to hold your finger on the accelerator.

So for example; if you're going 10mph, and you press a button such as 'Z' you'd maintain a speed of 10mph without having to hold down accelerate, if you press the button again it will turn off cruise control and you will slow down until you press accelerate again

• At any point while cruise control is enabled you can still accelerate or de-accelerate to prevent you colliding on corners, but if you let go of the button the script will resume the speed you set cruise control at
  • You can of course still steer while in cruise control, also enabling you to avoid colliding. 

Commands to add: 

• A key-bind such as 'Z'
  • Possibly /cruisecontrol (if you wish to do it via command)

Items to add: 

• A text alert to tell you when you've entered cruise control
  • A text alert to tell you when you've left cruise control

How would your suggestion improve the server?

• It'd give you the ability to type in the chat while driving, as in real life you'd be able to speak and drive
  • You wouldn't slow down each time you wish to type, potentially stopping and causing a collision
  • Particularly useful for organisations who use vehicle radios, allowing them to type and still drive e.g. Fire Department responding to an emergency
  • Maintain the same speed while in convoy e.g. Fire Department motorcades
  • It'd vary from speedlimiter, as with speedlimiter you have to hold the accelerator to maintain your speed

Additional information:

• Other servers had this feature and it worked very well for Motorcycle Clubs, emergency services and VIP convoys
  • I'm surprised no one else suggested this, but it's possible it got deleted in the rollback.

Similar example: 

Edited by Cobra
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Franelli said:

Already suggested by HiJack. Shame it takes ages to forward/archive suggestions in this section, it's quite easy to lose track of what has been suggested and what not.

Ah this is the issue with bulking suggestions together. I already did a search for 'cruise control' and nothing came up!

Too much text in one topic to separate out all the suggestions in my head. 

Well at this rate we suggest faster then the developers can implement. But how do you control that other than recruit more developers? xD

We're all too creative and eager to suggest. The problem is I know if I stopped suggesting for a while I'd forget all my suggestion ideas, or they'd build up in a giant-ass notepad somewhere. 

Edited by Cobra

That's partially correct as administrators too handle these suggestions by either approving & forwarding them for future development, or sending them to the archive due to different reasons. On the other hand I'm quite sure they've got a lot on their minds other than monitoring this section, but then this happens. No worries, I'm confident they'll get to all of them eventually!

2 hours ago, Franelli said:

That's partially correct as administrators too handle these suggestions by either approving & forwarding them for future development, or sending them to the archive due to different reasons. On the other hand I'm quite sure they've got a lot on their minds other than monitoring this section, but then this happens. No worries, I'm confident they'll get to all of them eventually!

I think they are really busy because of the recent forum rollback. They used to be WAY WAY WAY more active on suggestions section before.

But id like the cruise control a lot, with my Dukes it feels like I am burning rubber in every 20 meters when I try to drive slow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:02 PM, Tr1bal said:

I think they are really busy because of the recent forum rollback. They used to be WAY WAY WAY more active on suggestions section before.

But id like the cruise control a lot, with my Dukes it feels like I am burning rubber in every 20 meters when I try to drive slow.

We're still active on these sections, but as you guys mentioned yourself, we're having a hard time keeping up with the rate that you're making them. However I personally am browsing them on I'd say a daily basis to get an idea of what's needed. I'm already working on a large fire suggestion made by the FD posted in the game suggestion. That one alone takes a lot of time to finish, which then gives the impression that we're not doing them. That's not the case though. 

I don't think it's a good idea to close off the suggestion forum until we're through them, because as it was said, you might forget meanwhile what you wanted to post. So it's kinda a lose lose situation. We either appear inactive and allow you guys to constantly suggest new things, or close off the section to catch up, but then we'd probably miss out on some great suggestions.

Okay that was a sidetrack.

On topic: I believe we already have some cruise control system, or at least had one in the past? I can't seem to remember what the controls were for it, but I do recall there was something implemented to manage the vehicles speed.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -Andreas said:

We're still active on these sections, but as you guys mentioned yourself, we're having a hard time keeping up with the rate that you're making them. However I personally am browsing them on I'd say a daily basis to get an idea of what's needed. I'm already working on a large fire suggestion made by the FD posted in the game suggestion. That one alone takes a lot of time to finish, which then gives the impression that we're not doing them. That's not the case though. 

I don't think it's a good idea to close off the suggestion forum until we're through them, because as it was said, you might forget meanwhile what you wanted to post. So it's kinda a lose lose situation. We either appear inactive and allow you guys to constantly suggest new things, or close off the section to catch up, but then we'd probably miss out on some great suggestions.

Okay that was a sidetrack.

On topic: I believe we already have some cruise control system, or at least had one in the past? I can't seem to remember what the controls were for it, but I do recall there was something implemented to manage the vehicles speed.

There's /speedlimiter which limits the speed you can go at when you accelerate, but you must still be holding your finger on the accelerator button (W).

I haven't found anything like cruise control and it seems others haven't either. I don't know, maybe there is one? Or maybe it was lost with the GTMP-Rage transition. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 11:56 AM, -Andreas said:

Is that something we can check? If such feature exists players need to be aware of it. I would also recommend adding the /speedlimiter command to the Vehicle section on the /help menu in-game.

@Westen @-Andreas

Just now, Franelli said:

Is that something we can check? If such feature exists players need to be aware of it. I would also recommend adding the /speedlimiter command to the Vehicle section on the /help menu in-game.

@Westen @-Andreas

There is a command called /speedlimiter (?) I believe that restricts your vehicle to a certain speed. It's a little bit jarring however in that you have to retype the command to adjust it, and you can also /speedlimiter 0.