Making LSPD/LSSD Less Overpowered.

Dynamko

1 minute ago, Targuth said:

This could also be a visual bug or texture loss honestly. But as far as LSFD goes, we have had mandates in place for roughly a week or two that vests are to be worn at ALL times and we don't even get a kevlar buff. But the other issue is, the vests don't fit on some uniforms. Like the long sleeve outfit for my character, the vest clips terribly and looks god awful but I still wear it, some people may choose not to because it looks horrendous.

I could send you a clips supporting this, even from their perspective, simply no vests on. 

5 minutes ago, Dynamko said:

I could send you a clips supporting this, even from their perspective, simply no vests on. 

All cops wear some sort of armor under their uniform. I suggested this change here a while ago but the devs didn't seem to care. You're right tho, armor is silly in it's current state.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Mescalero said:

looks like a skill issue, learn to take an L and move on. 

If you talking about me, I died to a cop once in 7 months of Rping the same character. It ain't about me, I want to change how cops behave, if they ain't got nothing to lose? They never gonna change.

Okay but also implement overtime, and hazard pay for Special Weapons and such into the paychecks and then it'll be viable to have people but their own equipment as suggested.

Cause every call in the span of 2 days has included a firearm if not several automatic weapons.

On the point of armour, you generally wear a vest underneath your blouse/shirt that's rated to stop pistol caliber munitions. The externals are for rifle calibre rounds in a roleplay scenario.

18 minutes ago, Targuth said:

So from what I can find - In California, some counties supply cops with their equipment and give them the option to use their own AND some counties tell them to use the issued equipment or nothing.

Sadly with the way crime is on the server and how the mentality around a simple traffic stop turning into a mass shootout, I don't agree with adjusting the current status of police. You're also now not only changing the way they roleplay but now adding more work to their OOC Faction Guidelines because now they have to factor into their budget, all the equipment they purchase which may change more stuff as far as restrictions go. Most legal factions have Asset Guidelines based on pay.

Regarding the vests not being visible, pretty much every call I have attended in the past 2 weeks every cop, deputy, and ranger has been wearing a vest on their uniform. During the day it's quite clear they have a vest on, at night it tends to blend with their uniform.

Server has nothing to do with it. PD built this themselves. Every single time I get pulled over for a simple traffic violation that simply requires a ticket, me, on my gang character, with a weapon equipped, with ABSOLUTELY no prior jail record, I get pulled out of my car for a random check because I have gang affiliation tattoos. If you don't want players to feel hostile toward the police simply stop turning a simple traffic stop into a high risk with 4-5 cop cars present and another 2-3 cars rolling around in the area. It's the cops who set the current mood for the traffic stop or any situation they get into. Most of them are already prepared for a shoot out way before they even get out of the car. Cops are trigger happy too. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, DennyDengo said:

Okay but also implement overtime, and hazard pay for Special Weapons and such into the paychecks and then it'll be viable to have people but their own equipment as suggested.

Cause every call in the span of 2 days has included a firearm if not several automatic weapons.

On the point of armour, you generally wear a vest underneath your blouse/shirt that's rated to stop pistol caliber munitions. The externals are for rifle calibre rounds in a roleplay scenario.

That's why I suggested the pistol rated vest should have 50% armor, since that's enough to stop 2 rounds from moderate distance, the external one should stay on 100%

1 minute ago, braga said:

Server has nothing to do with it. PD built this themselves. Every single time I get pulled over for a simple traffic violation that simply requires a ticket, me, on my gang character, with a weapon equipped, with ABSOLUTELY no prior jail record, I get pulled out of my car for a random check because I have gang affiliation tattoos. If you don't want players to feel hostile toward the police simply stop turning a simple traffic stop into a high risk with 4-5 cop cars present and another 2-3 cars rolling around in the area. It's the cops who set the current mood for the traffic stop or any situation they get into. Most of them are already prepared for a shoot out way before they even get out of the car. Cops are trigger happy too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic