Keeping evidence private

Sometimes evidence does have to be presented in private, to prevent metagaming of situations that are still playing out. For example detective cases, or if staff material is involved. Or on the illegal side retaliation involving complex plans, CK plots, sensitive faction information that's currently unknown etc. There's any number of reasons why such a need to conceal evidence would be legitimate. It's not an uptick at all, it's always been a common thing.

Generally if there's no legitimate reason for it to be sent privately I always made a point of telling them to post it, as the player the evidence is against deserves the opportunity to see it and explain it. Admins also have the option not to count it, especially if it's petty and nitpicky.

Not a new thing like I said 

I'll lock this : usually evidence is public, however we do have to keep some private to avoid exposing someone reporting you, and thus you could harass them / dox them in return as it's already been observed. Many times when the evidence cannot be disclosed it means we're protecting another player from being discovered as the source of the evidence against you (an old friend of yours, a member of your faction etc)

• Upvote 2