Keeping evidence private

5 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Not really. See: all the 210391293010230 DM reports where people argue whether they could've been seen through tinted windows/walls/whatever else. It's always crucial to see the footage, cause even if you are unaware of doing something and you can't see the footage - how can you possibly own up to it? This entirely gets rid of the entire aspect of being able to notice your own mistakes. It's really just common sense to be able to confront the evidence against you. Especially when reports get dragged on for months, how can you reasonably expect someone to remember what they did on any given day 2+ months ago? It's common sense. 

Very true, but usually if anything is sent in private - I get another administrator's opinion JUST to prevent thinking like this. It's sad we have come to this, though. Admins were supposed to have the 'trustworthy' feel when handling wrongdoings.

5 hours ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

This, you guys are really missing the entire point.

The entire arguments provided against this suggestion are "well just trust the admin", why should I have to trust the admin when its been proven countless times over again that several admins are corrupt or commonly overlook rulebreaks that a player can point out. 

Its nothing about 'sensitive information' its all about 'I reported someone and broke several rules myself so I'll send the video to the admin in private because its more work for them to point out my rulebreaks as well.'.

I'll talk with management and maybe make this a rule for forum reports.

• Upvote 3
59 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Very true, but usually if anything is sent in private - I get another administrator's opinion JUST to prevent thinking like this. It's sad we have come to this, though. Admins were supposed to have the 'trustworthy' feel when handling wrongdoings.

Well, I do not trust admins at all. Time has shown that keeping that kinda stuff behind closed doors leads to nothing good. At that, I also wanna remind you that 90% of those so-called "player reports" turn into a witch hunt as soon as an admin picks them up (because they almost instantly at that point pick a side and dish out accusations). The entire thing with hiding evidence from the accused party just goes to show how the staff-player affairs have gradually degraded. 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
26 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Well, I do not trust admins at all. Time has shown that keeping that kinda stuff behind closed doors leads to nothing good. At that, I also wanna remind you that 90% of those so-called "player reports" turn into a witch hunt as soon as an admin picks them up (because they almost instantly at that point pick a side and dish out accusations). The entire thing with hiding evidence from the accused party just goes to show how the staff-player affairs have gradually degraded. 

big agree here. unfortunately thats the state of the server, people dont trust admins.