Keeping evidence private

4 hours ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

Hey, I've seen a recent uptick in situations where people don't show their POV to the public, only in private to the admin during reports due to 'faction policies'. I think it goes without saying but this has called for so many weird situations where the POV has some sketchy stuff in it for their POV, yet the person being reported isn't able to see it to call them out on it. This is a huge double standard and allows admins to look over things that they know are rulebreaks. The best part? No one will ever know, because the clips are kept in private. I think as a community we should aim for more transparency than this. All evidence for reports should be provided to both parties. 

I'd even argue to make Faction Reports public. 

1) Not a single person gives a fuck about numbers.

2) Fuck me in the ass if there has ever been a single video where something important was discussed over PD radio. 

3) Clearly shows that admins below level 4 are incapable of handling or paying detail in 70% of the cases. 

4) We shouldn't be doing weeks of jail time for it to be proven a rule break at the end when "it can be shared".

5) Literally not a single person gives a fuck nor can mg something as PD is overpowered with little to no over-seeing.

Its also funny to see all those who say no are the ones who sit in TS and often mg.

• Upvote 1

who cares. maybe ppl wanna post their stuff privately cus every time a report is made against them, they have their entire faction clown on them in their discord or whatever, kinda the reason why a lot of the community is toxic towards each other cus the amount of dirty laundry aired out is insane lmao. no one wants to see pages of back and forths

17 minutes ago, Kruga9 said:

who cares. maybe ppl wanna post their stuff privately cus every time a report is made against them, they have their entire faction clown on them in their discord or whatever, kinda the reason why a lot of the community is toxic towards each other cus the amount of dirty laundry aired out is insane lmao. no one wants to see pages of back and forths

If you're so worried about getting clowned on, just don't post the report? Turn off your PC? Idk man. Making evidence private isn't because they get clowned on, its because their rulebreaks are also pointed out and they get punished as well. 

Just now, joebidensmokesyesca said:

If you're so worried about getting clowned on, just don't post the report? Turn off your PC? Idk man. Making evidence private isn't because they get clowned on, its because their rulebreaks are also pointed out and they get punished as well. 

i don't see where im talking about myself homie, im talking about what happens during the report process

If you're being accused of something, you should at least have the evidence of what you're accused of be presented to you. You've got no idea if what was provided was fabricated or clearly taken out of context. It makes it harder to defend yourself and regardless of an administrators duties, everyone basically sees in black and white. If an admin sees something taken out of context there's a chance they have already made their mind up before even finalizing the report. 

Showing what you've got against another person should be codified in the rules and the only exceptions be staff due to the staff chat that shows. 

• Upvote 1