One final goodbye!

Pillsbury

Hello all!

As many of you know, I stepped away in the past month from Head of Staff and moved onto a Special Advisor role to Management where I was overseeing the community and assisting @Frezemis with his new position of Head of Staff. However, with all good things, this one also has to come to an end for me. I figured posting a public announcement would be best as a now former Manager, it's only right for you the community to know that I have officially stepped down and not have to wait for another Staff Update.

Let me bring you all through my time here in GTA World. Back in April of 2019, I started playing the community for the first time. I always knew of GTA World, and was one of the first few hundred people registered, however, I wanted to focus on my FiveM community at the time. In July of 2020, I applied for Staff and was welcomed in by the members of the current staff team. To be frank with you all, I didn't even remember that I applied for Staff until I got a bunch of "congratz" messages from the community, in which I thought I was finally promoted to Sergeant II in the LSPD (hint, I wasn't). I came pretty close to resigning, but FearnR told me to give it a shot and stay in the team for a bit of time and see how I would like it. That was probably one of the best decisions I ever made while playing this community.

In October of 2020, I was promoted to the rank of Trial Admin and by early 2021, I was promoted to the rank of Senior Admin, serving within Staff Management as the Assistant Head of Admins. In May of 2021, I was promoted to Head of Admins and given the rank of Manager when FearnR stepped down from the Staff Team.

Throughout my time in GTAW I have met a lot of friends, some closer then others. But the memories of this community is like no other then I have been apart of. I can't recall the countless of screenshots of players and I screwing around in-game, or the famous "terry bud" that really gave me the spotlight in the community for a bit of time. 

While I don't want to write this message, I am simply no longer active in the community and I am focusing more and more on myself rather then focusing on the PC Gaming world. This is the first time I have turned on my PC in probably a month at this point, and it only feels right to allow myself to giveup a position that I am holding onto for a future candidate. To address the rumors; no, nothing happened between Management & Myself, this is a decision I made a few months ago and I am now finally putting in the resignation. For those that do know, I am focusing on my career and moving onto my goals in life that I have been working endlessly on these past few months, and that I am excited for as I am extremely close to obtaining. 

I cannot be thankful enough for all of Management, but especially @Nervous for giving me the chance to be a Manager here in GTA World and helping him throughout the tough times. Nervous is one of the best owners I have "worked" for in a community, and I cannot be grateful enough for the amount of blood, sweat and tears that he has put into this community and allowed me to as-well. I was never perfect, however, he gave me the chance to spread my wings and attempt to become better every time. Nervous, you are truly a friend that has always been here for me through the tough times, and through the good times. I still recall the times when I would stay-up all night and I would get a message from you, and we would have a chat about family and how things are going. Nervous, you are one incredible dude and I cannot be thankful enough for everything you have given me and allowed me to do within the community. You gave me a shot, and you allowed me to take that shot and spread my wings as I said above. I will forever be appreciative of everything you have done for me in this community. 

Management; you guys are all the best and it's been amazing working with all of you. @Shanks @Frezemis @Selena @HemmaX @Everett, while we have had agreements and disagreements before, we make time for this community because we all care for it and we wanted to make sure that the players could have an enjoyable time. I couldn't think of a better team to work with on a daily basis and make decisions that impact the global scheme of things for this community. You are all the best and I appreciate you guys listening to my rants after all these years. Keep up the amazing work, as I assure you that it pays off at the end of the day!

To the Staff Team; you guys and gals are some of the most dedicated people that I have ever met. It's been an honor serving you guys as the Head of Staff for this past year and a half before handing the torch over to @Frezemis. You guys all gave me a chance even when you didn't want to, and you allowed me to work with all of you and get to know all of you. Many of you have became friends of mine, and you always knew at the end of the day I would have your backs as best as I could. I could not be more appreciative and grateful for the amount of time, dedication and heart you all have for this community. You are some of the best people and you all have an outstanding amount of dedication to put in this community. Without all of you, I can't even think of where we would be.

To the community; you are all the best. I'm appreciative of all the fun (and not so fun) times that I have been able to be here with all of you. While at times I would be the front line speaker of when things went bad, or when things went amazing, I never regretted being here for all of you and coming from home from work and being able to serve all of you in the best way I could. I was never perfect, but I can assure you all that I put my 100% effort into making sure you all had an enjoyable time in this community. That was my number one goal from when I obtained a Staff position, making sure you all had an amazing time and were able to come home to something that you would enjoy at the end of the day before restarting a new day.

I have met some amazing people in this community and a lot of them have my information to reach out to me if they so choose. I cannot be thankful enough for the experiences that this community has given me. 

I will leave you all with one final note, and that is;

Remember that at the end of the day the world keeps spinning, while things might be down today, tomorrow is a new day and there will always be a new day for you to retry. Never giveup on yourselves and never think you aren't good enough. You ARE good enough, you will get through these hard times, and you will succeed at the end of the day. Remember that a new day is a chance to restart and attempt to do better for yourself. We all go through hard times where we struggle, but at the end of the day, it is a decision you have to make to pick yourself back up and make sure to keep pushing on. You are not alone in this world, we all go through troubled times and I promise you all, things do get better at the end of the day. Remember that things that are in the past, are simply in the past. Stop dwelling on the past and think of the future. Think of what you can do better. Because you can always do better. Remember that if you are down in the dumps, that it's simply a test on your inner abilities. It's a temporary hold on life that at the end of the day bring you closer to yourself and those around you at the end of the day. Keep your heads up and remember that if the world is still spinning, that you have a chance to make things better with whatever is going on in life.

With that being said, I love you all and thank for for the best few years that I could of been given on this community.

With the best of regards,

Pillsbury

• Upvote 39
  • Thanks 6
  • Applaud 5
  • Wuhtah locked this topic